Is Ortho Right for you?
By: Desirae Tahajjod
Intro to Ortho
One of the qualities you must have to pursue this job is, having good people skills. This a very important skill, because an orthodontist sees many patients and every patient is different. You must deal and cooperate with every patient no matter how stressful or annoying they might be.
1. You must have a bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, english, and physics
2. Then, you must take The Dental Admission test and apply to dental school
3. After that, you must take a 4 year Doctor of Dental program.
4. Next, you must complete the final stage of education which is, completing a post-doctoral specialty program in orthodontics.
5. Finally, you must become a licensed dentist from there you can start working as an orthodontist.
This is a long process that can take up to 8-10 years and you might be seeing your first patient when you go to your 10 year high school reunion.
Being an Orthodontist
There is usually not a typical day being an orthodontist, everyday is different. The reason for that is, because every single persons teeth in the world is different and an orthodontist will never see patients with the same teeth. You never know what type of teeth you will be seeing being an orthodontist