A WORD TO THE WISE...
It has begun!! Spring Break couldn't have come any sooner! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take time to rest, relax and refresh. We start the downhill roll when we come back and it will be fast and furious. We need to be rested and ready to go!
* BUILDING OPEN - The building will be open next week from 8-3. Marina will be here all week. PLEASE DO NOT SPEND ALL WEEK HERE IF YOU COME AT ALL!!! You need to rest, relax and refresh yourself for the push to the end!
* AMBASSADOR AWARDS - Congratulations to Mrs. Hier, teacher ambassador, Mrs. Hernandez, SCSE ambassador, and Laurel Webb, student ambassador.
*SITE BASED TEAM - We will meet on Monday upon return. We will do our best to complete uploading for the HRS Level 1.
* SUCHMA/ORE - Just a reminder that your online "reassignment" form is due by Monday, March 18 at 9:00 a.m.
* NEXT YEAR PLANS - If you haven't completed your plans for next year, I need you to do that! That will help us start making plans for next school year.
* VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - Lisa McGarrah, district technology coach, wants to come do a lesson using virtual reality googles. If you are interested, please let me know so that we can book her. She has plenty of time in March but we need to get her booked quick!
* JAYDA'S SCHEDULE - Jayda's schedule will be changing when we come back from Spring Break. She is sending out an email with her new schedule. Please make sure you pay attention to the changes because she's adjusting her groups so that she can implement the new intervention tools we just received for math.
* SPRING CREEK BBQ NIGHT - PTO is hosting Spring Creek BBQ Night on Tuesday, March 19. Please sign up to work that evening.
* SPRING FLING PICTURES - Will be on Friday, March 22 upon our return from Spring Break. Please make sure parents know about this date.
* INTRA/INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS - Intradistrict/interdistrict transfer requests for next school year are now available. If your child is in attendance here on a transfer, please go ahead and take of submitting one for next year.
*CHOCOLATE SALES - Please check for money. PTO is hoping to complete the last of the money collection so if you have money, put it by your door ready for the 9:30 collection.
* GRADES - Proof sheets will be in your mailboxes shortly after we return. Remember this is a always a quick turn around but we need to make sure you accurately check over them.
* BEHAVIOR - We are all noticing that unacceptable behaviors are on the rise. Please take a few moments daily to remind students of expectations. Remember, we've talked before that losing a few minutes of instruction to reinforce expectations causes us to have extra time on the end because we are not constantly dealing with behavior issues. If you need help, please do not hesitate to contact the front office and ask for someone to come. If Kara and I are both tied up, someone will come and we will handle the situation as soon as we are free. Statistics show that complimenting students on their good behavior reduces the amount of misbehavior's overall..
* POSTER METHOD - Friday is Poster method Friday for math. Plan your day accordingly.
* BOND PRESENTATION - Dr. Null will be doing a public informational meeting at ORHS on April 15 starting at 6 p.m. If you are interested in hearing how this bond will impact the district, please plan to attend.
* BIGGEST LOSER GROUP - Don't forget to weigh in on Monday!
* TELPAS - A schedule will come out for official assembling and verfying Monday when we return from Spring Break. Rest easy until then!
*TUTORIALS - We will do one more round of tutorials for third and fourth grade students. We NEED ALL HANDS ON DECK! If you are willing to work with a small group for reading or math, please email me and let me know by Wednesday!
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
First grade - for the beautiful flowers! What a treat to brighten my room each day! - Stephanie R.
Alyssa - Thank you for covering me at team leader meeting! You saved me! - MIssy
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
10 - Diana White's birthday
11 - 15 - SPRING BREAK
14 - Carli Metcalf's birthday
16 - Jackie Rew's birthday
18 - CORE team meeting
19 - Spring Creek BBQ Night
20 - First grade planning day
20 - Tami out to Principals' meeting
20 - SOURCE meeting after school
21 - Second grade planning day
22 - Spring Fling Pictures
25 - Faculty Meeting
26 - Kinder planning day
26 - Third and fourth benchmark/schedule flipped
27 - Fourth grade planning day
28 - Third grade planning day
29 - Award Cart delivery day
1 - Team Leader meeting
2 - 3RD & 4TH Math benchmark/schedule flipped
3 - Kara out to AP meeting
5 - James Fatuch's birthday
5 - Poster Method
5 - Kindergarten Graduation
6 - Job Fair
9 - STAAR Writing Grade 4
10 - Dena Green's birthday