Message from Mission Control
* I completed the grade book check for this past 3 weeks, and all looked good. Just a reminder, to make sure you are getting the appropriate number of daily grades AND summatives for a 3 week period!
* Bobby and I have started our formal TTESS observations, and he and I both are giving a general window for when we come to visit. With schedules, pull outs, recesses, etc, it's more beneficial when we get times from the teachers and work with our schedule to ensure we see an entire lesson. Remember, once we have the evaluation, we will schedule a follow-up conference where we discuss the lesson and review the areas of reinforcement and refinement. After the conference, then you will receive your scores.
* Don't forget to follow the shut down procedures this Friday before you leave for break. I sent the email yesterday with the steps that you need to take.
* Encourage your students to bring in cans for our canned food drive! Elk Junior Council will be donating all of the food to Community Link. This will serve dual purpose, as we use that food to participate in the PTA food drive that also benefits Community Link.
* Don't forget to turn in the forms for the Elk Angel tree. Those forms went home to the deserving students, but we have yet to receive a lot back. If you have a student who received the form, please send a reminder to their parent(s) to return the form, so they can be assisted this holiday season.
* Encourage students (and staff) to purchase In and Out tickets for our Literacy Night! This is Elk Junior Council's major fundraiser, and it was a great success last year!
* The Thanksgiving Feast for families is this Thursday. I will be off campus that morning, but I'm returning to campus at 11:00 for the feast. We will have additional seating set up in the cafeteria, as well as in the gym foyer area. We have about 145 people who RSVP'd, so that's about 1/2 of our families! We are excited for a good turnout!
* Make sure to stop by the lounge on Thursday for some treats and snacks for baby boy Lawson! Morgan's shower will be a "come and go" shower in the lounge. Remember, she is registered at Target and Buy Buy Baby!
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
This week, our life principle is:
Service- Giving of one's time and energies to help others
DATES TO REMEMBER
Tuesday, November 14th:
LiiNK meeting 3:30-4:30 (Eagle Mt. Elem)
Thursday, November 16th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Morgan's Baby Shower in the lounge- come and go!
Family Thanksgiving Feast (during lunch times)
Tuesday, November 28th:
Angela Kennedy here for walks 1:00-2:30
Friday, December 1st:
Clubs (follow club schedule)
Tuesday, December 5th:
Literacy Night @ 5:30 & 2nd grade/Hoofbeats performance
Wednesday, December 6th:
Spelling Bee @ 8:30
Thursday, December 14th:
Dr. Parker here for visit @ 12:30
Friday, December 15th:
Early Release at 11:40 for Holiday Break