Foundation 1 News
Friday 7th March 2014
Budding Book Worms!
- What an exciting week - we welcomed Zarachi to the Ruby Class and on the very same day we took delivery of a mystery parcel containing book monsters!
- The Rubies thoroughly enjoyed being involved in the activities set up for Book Week. Highlights included joining in whole school assemblies, composing a story in partnership with children from Year 5, looking at clues on classroom doors to guess the book and of course the fancy dress parade.
- Every child has been involved in creating a story which has been scribed for them. This led to the production of a class story book to share.
- Children have been introduced to building a story through props, role play and rhyme.
- The number fairy brought the number 7 and we looked at ordering numerals to 10.
- The sunny weather meant we spent lots of time outdoors listening to stories and playing with our friends.
- We are looking forward to seeing you in class on Monday morning from 8:45 until 9:30 to look through your child's progress book and to see displayed work.
- We respectively ask you to be punctual for your Parent's Consultation appointment in order that the evenings flow smoothly.
- Our story focus is 'Peace at Last' which will support the opposites 'Loud and Quiet'.
You Can Help Us By
providing a plastic, waterproof coat (that can be worn over your child's school coat) for wet play days.