By Maren Boyd
- OCD is a mental illness
- causes people to do things over and over
- causes fear of germs, dirt and toxins
- causes doubts about safety
- they feel anger, frustration or guilt
- it is a chronic illness
- OCD treatments are normally antidepressants
- people with OCD get overwhelmed by their uncontrollable obsessions witch cause intense OCD
- anyone can have OCD and it usually begins in adolescence or early adulthood
Ball Don't Lie
The book Ball Don't Lie is about a basketball player named Sticky. He has OCD, he is also a star basketball player, a very sweet baller! One of the main contributing factors for his excellent baller skills is because of his Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, because he has to get the shot just right, causing him to do it over and over again, and it works out for him in the long run, but I do not want to spoil anything for you.
"Obsessive- Compulsive Disorder." International Encyclopedia of the social sciences. Ed. William A. Darity, Jr. 2nd ed. Vol. 6. Detroit: Macmillan Reference USA, 2008.l 18-19. Gale Virtual Reference Library. web. 3 Dec. 2015.