September 21, 2020
Dear Field Parents and Guardians,
We hope this week has gone well for you and your children. Thank you for your continued partnership and support in these unusual times.
At this time, you've read from Dr. Olson's emails on September 14th and today that we will return to an in-person hybrid learning program in mid-October. His email today contained the full plan for you to read and review. Please know that in the coming weeks, Mrs. Donnelly and I will share additional Field-specific communication, both for parents and specific for students. In our morning announcements, we will begin to share information with students, including short video demonstrations related to line-up, lunch and recess, and social distancing and mask wearing. We are looking forward to safely welcoming back our students next month.
In terms of our remote learning, a few reminders:
- Thank you for your support with attendance! If your child is having trouble logging in, please call the main office at (847) 318-4385. You are also able to enter a technical support ticket through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Please remember that if your child is unmuted we are able to hear conversations occurring in your home. We recommend headphones for children, if possible.
- Children may need assistance and guidance with technology, their schedule, and assignment directions; please try to guide and encourage rather than complete tasks for them. Often a "I do, we do, you do" method is helpful when supporting your child. This is where you might model or demonstrate something, your child tries it alongside you, and then your child completes it independently. We hope that this is helpful and reassuring information to read.
We hope you enjoy the weekend!
Mrs. Courtney Goodman
Park Ridge-Niles School District 64’s mission is as follows:
Inspire every child to discover, learn, achieve, and care.
Looking for parent access to Schoology?
Dates to Remember
- Tuesday, September 22: PTO meeting at 7pm (to be held virtually)
- Thursday, September 24: Instrumental Music pickup from 7-9am and 2-6pm at Emerson Middle School
- Friday, September 25: Instrumental Music pickup from 7-9am and 2-5pm at Emerson Middle School
- Friday, September 25: Parent form (in the PowerSchool Parent Portal) due with your choice between in-person hybrid or fully remote
District 64 Remote Learning Plan
Your child should login by clicking "student" and the "login with google". Keep an eye out for information from your child's teacher about Family Seesaw access!
See what’s going on in our community!
From the library to the park district, our communities of Park Ridge-Niles have lots to offer, even virtually. For information on all the latest happenings, be sure to check the Community Info & Events webpage.