Warren Weekly Newsletter
From Mrs. Wilkins
If you have not already done so- please make sure to sign-up for a time slot to pick up your child’s/children’s belongings.
During the summer I will e-mail you with Helena School District/ Warren updates regarding the 2020-2021 school year.
Thank you for all your support this year. On behalf of the entire Warren staff, happy summer!
If you checked out a Helena School District Chromebook and would like your child/children to keep their Chromebook during the summer, you may do so. Your child’s Clever page will remain live during the summer. Chromebooks can be returned when you pick up your child’s/children’s belongings. The choice between returning/keeping the HSD Chromebook throughout the summer is up to each family.
K-4 Sign-Up to Pick up your Child's Belongings
5th grade + Sibling Belonging's Pick-Up
Support Resources to Help Children and Families w/ Ongoing Events:
On May 26th, our nation and the world became aware of the brutal and tragic death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In the days since, we have all witnessed the powerful public rallies, marches, demonstrations and other positive acts of personal and collective expression that have occurred in nearly every city and community. Peaceful, united messages to end systemic racism and violence are applauded as our nation works to deliver on our promise of liberty and justice for all. However, images associated with Mr. Floyd’s death and the resulting unrest in many communities across our country can be unsettling for children as they seek to understand. Please know that your school counselors are available for any student and/or family in need of additional support. Additionally, below are a number of resources that parents may find helpful in talking through these matters as a family.
- (Resource Website) https://eprockcounselor.blogspot.com/2020/06/lets-talk-about-race.html?m=1 (Counselor Resource Site)
- (Resource Website) https://www.nctsn.org/ (The National Child Traumatic Stress Network)
- (Resource Website) http://hereweeread.com/2017/11/2018-ultimate-list-diverse-childrens-books.html (Children’s Book Site)
- (Article) Talking to Kids About Race: National Geographic
- (Article) Talking to Kids About Discrimination: American Psychological Association
- (Article) Talking to Children after Racial Incidents: Penn GSE Newsroom
- (Podcast) Talking Race With Young Children: NPR and the Sesame Street Workshop
- (Podcast) Supporting Kids Of Color In Wake Of Racialized Violence: EmbraceRace