Eastlake Middle School 5.21.18
The Week at a Glance
As we wrap up the school year, I want to personally thank all of the parents who continuously donate their time and resources to our school. If you have an 8th grader, we wish your child the best of luck moving forward! If you have a 7th grader, we look forward to one more year with you. Please stay informed and involved! Here are some big picture items:
1. We have finalized our final two weeks of school. It is as follows:
5/29 EOC 1 and 2 (7th and 8th); dismissal 1:15
5/30 EOC 3 and 4 (7th and 8th); dismissal 1:15
5/31 EOC 5 and 6 (7th and 8th); dismissal 1:15
6/1 Full Menu 1-6; dismissal at 1:15 (ipad return)
6/4 1/2/3; dismissal 12:51 (8th grade promotion practice/picnic)
6/5 4/5/6; dismissal 12:51(8th grade promotion)
6/6 Full Menu 1-6; dismissal 12:51 (last day!!)
2. Promotion is set for June 5th at 5:00 PM at Otay Ranch High School. We wish we could accommodate any person who would like to attend, but we have decided for this year to issue tickets. At this point, each promoting 8th grader will receive 5 tickets. We hope to have more available and will let you know more information about the availability as we get closer to the date.
3. Netflix has released the 2nd season of 12 Reasons Why. We know this series can create some conversations that your child may/may not be ready for. I have attached some information below regarding conversation opportunities as well as resources. Please preview them. Thank you counselors for supporting our students and families.
4. Lots of recognition ceremonies!
May 23rd -- 8th Grade Awards (6:00 PM in the Pavilion)
May 24th -- DLI (6:00 PM in the Pavilion)
May 25th -- Athletics (8:30 AM in the Pavilion)
5. Community Meetings on School Safety are being offered by the district. Please see the flyers below.
6. I met with the traffic engineer from the Chula Vista Offices. We are hoping to paint several curbs this summer to keep traffic moving. In addition, I met with our community planning liaisons from the district during a parent meeting. We are hoping to have more shaded structures on campus soon.
7. If you are interested in your child playing volleyball, please consider this camp sponsored by Jennifer Saleaumua and the Southwestern College Program. See flyer below!
As always, please contact me with any questions, concerns and/or comments. Your voice is important. I am so lucky to work with amazing parents.