The Riebli Record
John B. Riebli Elementary-August 12, 2022
“The only thing worth doing, is what we do for others” ― Alice Through the Looking Glass
Welcome back to our returning families, teachers, and staff! To our Kindergarten/TK and new families: Welcome to the Riebli community!
The Riebli PTA is an integral part of our school. Not only do we normally host fun events throughout the year, we fully fund educational programs that benefit all students at Riebli Schoo. Examples of the usual programs we provide are: K-2 music program, Art Program, STEM Program, P.E./Fitness Program, One Book, One School, Assembly Support, Field Trip Support, Library Support, and more, which are paid 100% by the PTA.
Our Riebli PTA Membership Drive is underway. Without members, we don’t have a PTA! We encourage you all to renew or start a new membership for only $11 per person. Your membership gives you a vote at PTA meetings, early access to PTA events, discounts at various businesses, and - most importantly - you are supporting the oldest and largest child advocacy organization in the US!
Join Online: https://jointotem.com/ca/santa-rosa/riebli-pta
Our PTA General Association Meetings are on the second Monday of every month.
Becoming a PTA member does not mean you are expected Volunteer – however, for our community to be strong, everyone’s participation is essential whether it is big or small. Whether you have 30 minutes or a few hours, your time, your ideas, your talents, and your voice are truly needed and appreciated. There are endless possibilities for you to contribute, and we can match any time constraints and abilities to needed tasks.
Please note our Facebook Page will be the source of PTA information as the year continues. https://www.facebook.com/johnbrieblielementarypta
Please contact any of our Executive Board Members about any PTA questions that you may have.
We wish you all a fulfilling and productive year ahead!
PTA Executive Board:
President - Crystal Davis + Lovinia Gayowski
Vice President - Andrea Jensen + Nancy Clark
Secretary - Melanie Barmore
Treasurer - Becky Menzel
Auditor - Amberlee Hannan
Parliamentarian - Cristy Miranda
Historian - Christine Ratliff
Teacher Representatives - Andrea Farrell & Tina KneisPrincipal - Emily Todd
The 22/23 Parent Data Confirmation Portal is NOW OPEN! Please complete this process as soon as possible.
For directions on how to access the portal, please go to https://mwusd.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Data-Confirmation-Steps-for-Parents-22-23.pdf or go to the District website at www.mwusd.org and click the "Data Confirmation" button on the homepage of the website.
A few quick reminders regarding the Parent Data Confirmation process:
- Parents are required to complete the process every year, for each child in the district, even if there are no changes. You are confirming that the information we have is the most current.
- During the Data Confirmation process, please make sure that the primary phone number listed is a cellular number. This year we are adding text messaging capability to our School Messenger electronic notification system in order to provide another method of communication in the event of an emergency. In order for parents to be provided the opportunity to "opt in" to the text messaging option, the primary phone number linked to each student MUST be a cellular number.
- Please complete the "Income Survey" included in the Data Confirmation process. This information provided helps to support the district in providing valuable programs throughout the district.
- Once completed, please print and sign 2 copies of the Data Confirmation for each child. One copy remains in the school office, the other in your child's classroom. For your convenience, both copies can be left in the secure, black drop box located at your school site in front of the office at anytime.
For questions regarding Data Confirmation, please contact Alicia Mills at 707.524.2972 or by emailing email@example.com .
FAQs about coming to Riebli
- Do I need to send a backpack to school with my child?
- Yes, you should send your student with a FULL SIZE backpack daily.
- Do I need to pack a snack and lunch for my child every day? What kind of items and what about a drink?
- Yes, pack a snack daily. Good snack ideas are: Pretzels, fruit, crackers, cheese, carrots, etc. Breakfast is served at snacktime.
- Make sure the items are easy to open for your student. A water bottle is very important to have for school daily. Lunch, you can pack a lunch or your student can get a hot lunch.
- Where should I pick up my child after school?
- If your student goes to ECC aftercare, students go to their building. If you (or another adult) is picking up your student, they need to wait in front of the school. 1st grade will bring their students to the canopy area for pick up.
- Anything I should know about what my child should wear or what shoes to wear or not wear? Are hats okay to wear to school?
- Students should wear clothing they can play and move in. Closed toed shoes are a must. Hats are allowed outside only.
- What is the schedule for the beginning of the school day?
- School starts at 8:30am! If you arrive between 8:00 and 8:25am, the play yard is open for students to play on. Students line up and wait for their teachers to come and bring them to class at 8:30. TK/K yard opens at 8:10.
- What is the procedure if we arrive late for school in the morning?
- If you arrive after 8:30 am, stop by the office for a tardy slip before heading to class.
- Do I need to send any school supplies with my child?
- See the list above for Grades 1-6. Kindergarten will get more information at Back to school night.
- What is the number to call if my child will be absent?
- The absent hotline is 707-524-2980.
- If you plan to be on vacation for 3 or more days, you need to apply for independent study. Talk with your teacher and see the office to set this up.