A Weekly Communication Tool for Rice Elementary Staff
- Ensuring ALL students are in attendance.
- Cultivating a climate that welcomes students and parents.
- Creating opportunities for students to use and increase critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Moving from Parent Involvement to Parent Engagement.
Staff Shout Outs
- Genevieve Kolenda
- Krystle Hooper
- Staci Fleming
- Kayla Staton
- Tim Matthews
- Travis Gasper
- Maxyne Simon
- Kathy Hargitay
- Cody Bearden
- Megan Caldwell
- Jeannie Moore
- Angela Orr
- Melissa Sciba
Week at a Glance: April 8th-12th
2:00-4th Grade STAAR Pep Rally in gym
3rd Grade PLC (Meet in Fleming's room)
4th STAAR Writing
4th and 2nd flip lunches
Cane's Chicken Spirit Night
4th Grade PLC
3rd Math STAAR Planning Day
8:30-GT Field Trip
1st/2nd Grade Math
4th Math STAAR Planning Day
K/1st/2nd Grade ELA
7:30-9:00-District Technology team on Campus for observations
Early Childhood Fair
Save the Date to Early Vote
Friday, April 19th, 8am
207 West Phillips Street
STAAR Encouragement Posters
Please put out your posters in the main hallway after school tomorrow to encourage our 4th graders!!!
- Testing will be in the 4th grade Hallway, PLC room, STEM Lab, 2nd, 3rd, Library, and Kinder workrooms. Please be mindful that students are quiet in these areas.
- 2nd and 4th will switch lunch times
Student Learning Objective and Summative TTESS
Details will be coming out soon for the summative conferences and your SLO evaluations. Please begin your final rating for your SLO.
The district technology team will be here on Friday at 7:30-9:00. They will be observing Active Start, Arrival and common areas within the building to see how campuses function and look for areas they can add value. Megan emailed the teachers who will have observations within the classroom. We want to reflect our best with our monitoring of students during Active Start and all duty positions.
Early Childhood Fair
We will have lots of visitors in the building for the Early childhood fair this coming weekend. Please make sure your door is closed and locked when you leave on Friday. Please make sure hallways are clean and organized. Any extra clothing is placed in lost and found. Grade level bulletin boards are updated and nicely presented.
Below are the rooms being used:
- Stem Lab
- Room 400 (Seal & Blanco)
- Art Room
- Music Room
- Speech room
- PK classrooms
- Resource room
April Walk-through Focus: Anchor Charts
After our staff development, our classrooms have really been impacted by the use of Anchor charts. The focus for feedback for the month of April will be on Anchor Charts. We want to continue to make them interactive, allow for students (and teachers) to be a part of creating them, and also refer back to them as a reference for the learning.
Salute To Education
- hors d'oeuvres will be served in the adjoining room before 5:00pm while live music performed by one of our high schools will be playing in the lobby
- Seating in the Harvest Hall will begin at 5:30pm
- tickets will be collected at the doors of Harvest Hall
- Ceremony will begin promptly at 6pm with Presentation of Colors
Things you need to know about the Salute to Education Ceremony:
- ticket sales begin April 1 to April 26 or until SOLD OUT - $10 per ticket
- tickets for the TOY, HOY, and Rising Star Honorees will be purchased by Conroe ISD (A Family member tickets will be purchased by the campus)
- tickets are required for ALL attending (including children)
- Checks to purchase tickets will be addressed to TSTA-CONROE and written in blue or black ink ONLY
- attire is casual formal (dressy church clothes)