The Colt Classified
March 26, 2018
Holy Thursday Prayer Service
We should glorify in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, for he is our salvation , our life, and our resurrection; through Him we are saved and made free.
As we enter into our holiest of weeks, we invite everyone to join us this Thursday at 1:00 p.m. in the church as we commemorate the passion of Jesus. Our scholars will lead us in this special prayer service.
Good Friday, March 30th: School Holiday
Easter Monday, April 2nd: School Holiday
Tuesday, April 3rd: Classes Resume
Antonella Wesson Takes 1st Place!
Thanks volunteers for helping our students appreciate God's creation. We couldn't do it without you!
Family Dine at California Pizza Ktichen
Although some are without the official uniform, we are asking that all students adhere to the shoe policy. Research shows that the way a student dresses, affects the way he/she behaves. Please help us reinforce the dress code policy, so that we may continue to provide an environment, which is conducive to learning.
- They must be white, black, brown or navy and contain no large logos, blinking lights, or bright colors, including shoe strings.
- High top tennis shoes may not be worn.
- Tennis shoes with retractable roller skates are prohibited.
- Boots and sandals are not allowed.
- Students with orthopedic challenges may wear a non-uniform shoe with a doctor's note.
- No lights, sound devices or other distracting features are permitted.
- Athletic shoes or flat dress shoes with a rubber sole are the uniform shoe.
- Must be worn with all shoes and be visible above the ankles; White or navy.
- Elite socks are not permissible.
- Girls may wear white, navy or beige tights or hose. Leggings may not be worn.
- During cold weather, girls may wear white or navy seamless tights, or hose (not shiny exercise wear) with their socks.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
New CCCS Athletic T-shirts
Spring Fling Raffle Tickets
April 5th is our first "Ticket Turn-in Thursday" for Spring Fling Raffle Tickets! Students - bring your raffle ticket envelopes containing sold raffle tickets with money collected and turn in to your homeroom teacher. Spring Fling t-shirts (earned for selling 8 raffle ticket books) can be worn to school with uniform bottoms each Thursday in April. Students' names will be entered into a weekly Colt prize drawing for every 12 books sold. Top 2 sellers will win a $100 Amazon gift card. And…if we reach our $23k goal, CCCS students will win a fun day on the Monday after Spring Fling, April 30th! Students will enjoy Pajama Day, a half day read-a-thon, music during lunch and ….Dr. McCoy will be dressed according to the whims of the 8th grade class!
The CCCS community supports the parish Spring Fling raffle with the sales of raffle tickets. A portion of the proceeds benefit our students by providing operating dollars to the school. This fundraising helps to bridge the gap between tuition fees and the actual cost to educate each student.
Ticket counters needed! We need help with counting raffle tickets on “Ticket Turn-in Thursdays” in April and the last Friday of April. Meet in the Jones room at 8:00 a.m. for coffee and counting. Get volunteer hours!
Thanks for your support in advance!
Fun sign-up auction parties for students are taking place in April and May. Be on the lookout for an e-mail with more information!
The Auction Wrap-Up Party is scheduled for Thursday, April 12th at 7:00 PM in the library. Join us to share your ideas and to find out how you can get involved with our next auction event scheduled for February 9, 2019. Interested? All are invited. You make the difference!
Ways to Support our School
Save the Date!
Why is fish OK on Fridays?
St. Paul writes in his first letter to the Corinthians, "There is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of bests, another of fish, and another of birds" (15:39)
As meat has always been a food for fasting, giving up meat on Fridays has been a way to acknowledge the sacrifice Jesus made for us by dying on the cross.
- For the repose of the soul, Connie Real, grandmother of Marco Merendoni (5th)
- For the speedy recovery of Evan Ingram (4th)
- For the speedy recovery of Jazmin Escoto, niece of Ms. Landa
- For God's healing of Mr. Aaron "Skip" Deacon, grandfather of Ian (6th) and Gavin (2nd) Hernandez
- For God's healing of Mr. Danny Granados, father of Vidalael (4th)