Spelling Bee News
NOVEMBER 30, 2022
Competitions Final Day is Today!
1. Enter the champions information right away - TWO CHAMPIONS PER SCHOOL
2. If unable to enter, send me today the students names and home address. We are sending the congratulations packages right away to help everyone prepare.
3. If something prevented you from holding the competition by today, please email me. I will help you get your school qualified.
Copy of the Congratulations Package will be emailed today to all of you
Thank you so much!
Congratulations to your Spelling Bee Champions!
From the information you enter in the Champion Registration Site, we will prepare a Congratulations Package and will mail it to the student's home. The package includes:
- Congratulations Letter with detailed instructions
- Invitations to share with family and friends to attend the competition
- New set of practice words
- Driving Instructions and Campus Map
- Public Media Release (for parents to sign and bring to the event)
- Copy of Regional Competition's Rules
What Do You Need To Prepare For The Champion Registration?
- Please take a nice portrait photo of the champion. Feel free to use the school photos.
- Gather the student's contact information to enter in the form
Do I need to complete any forms?
No. We will take care of all forms and information with the family. Your time is so valuable, let us take care of the forms. Just have fun preparing your champions!
Where Do I Register My Champion and Co-Champion?
Log in to your School Account at the Spelling Bee Site and Choose Option "Register Your Champion"
REMINDER: YOUR SCHOOL IS SENDING TWO STUDENTS TO THE REGIONAL SPELLING BEE
START PREPARING YOUR CHAMPIONS NOW!
Download The Word Club App To the Student Chromebook!
IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO PREPARE A CHAMPION
THREE IDEAS TO GET YOUR CHAMPIONS READY
2. Invite teachers to a school assembly for a "Celebrity Teacher Bee" Ask the Champions to play the role of a pronouncer and a judge (The champions will have to study the words so that the remember the definition and the spelling)
3. Challenge the champions to a classroom "Word Duel" Ask them to spell as fast as possible as many words and have the students keep track of the spelling on a chart to determine who spelled the most words correctly (OMG! it gets the whole class practicing their spelling!)
Champions Must Watch The Movie!
If your School Blocks this movie, we have the DVD to lend
If your school participates in the SWANK library system, search for this movie on your system for student viewing.
RESOURCES AND TOOLS
BEST STUDENT RECRUITMENT TOOL - MOVIE
Spelling Bee Games
Try this new twist on the traditional classroom spelling bee game. Students will be rooting for their teammates as they inch their way forward to victory. Your students are sure to love it!
The Crossword Solver
The Book Shelf
Resource: App for games and independent study
The New York Times Spelling Game
Etymology - An Excellent Learning Tool
October is Spelling Bee Month
Below are also links to download the practice words or request additional supplies or resources. Please feel free to ask for any support you need.
2023 Regional Spelling Bee Competition
Saturday January 14, 2023 - SUNY Goodrich Theater
Save the Date!
Another Idea! hold a school spelling party! Share the remote broadcast link with your students and encourage them to watch the competition and attempt to spell all the words.
School Registration Now Until December
When you register you get access to practice words, materials for your school spelling bee, tests and more.