Are you more than just insecure?
By Mackenzie Chin
What is Body Dysmorphia?
The suicide rate for those with BDD is 45 times higher than that of the general population.
Symptoms of BDD
- Girls feel like they have to wear a lot of makeup to cover up their "flaws"
- Boys feel like they have to grow a beard to hide
- Extreme self consciousness
- Strong belief that they have an abnormality or defect in their appearance that makes them think they're ugly
- They believe everyone knows about their flaws
- Avoids social interactions
- Does not like to appear in pictures
- Either frequent visits to the mirror or they avoid looking in mirrors
- Feels a need to stay in the house all the time