Promote Active Learning
Blended Technology Tools www.smore.com/e31mw
Engaging Tools: Playposit, Windows Inking, Powerpoint Recording, Quizlet, Padlet, Mentimeter
Team Rubric Indicator: Activities and Materials
ISTE Student Standard: Knowledge Constructor & Creative Communicator
ISTE Teacher Standard: Develop and model cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with colleagues and students of other cultures using digital age communication and collaboration tools
TN Standards: Various
Digital Citizenship: Privacy, Password, Permanence
PLC Guiding Questions
1. What is it we want our students to learn?
2. How will we know if each student has learned it?
3. How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
4. How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?
- Define personalized and blended learning and how they relate.
- Evaluate Blended Learning resources that will engage students and add accountability.
- I can explain the basic components of personalized learning.
- I can explain how blended learning plays a role in personalizing learning.
- I can create content and add accountability in the tools reviewed.
Task 1: Playposit
- Click here to go to our Playposit Video
- Answer view the video and complete the questions (instructor can play whole class).
- Discuss blended learning pros as you go through the video.
- Video analytic
- Log in to playposit https://www.playposit.com with your Office 365 single sign on.
- Click on Add Students to create a class
- Use the first two minutes of the following video The 27 Amendments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWkdtEd-6wM to design a bulb with a least two questions.
- Save and Assign to their class.
- Go to the dashboard and find the bulb you created.
Work through the next 3 tasks at your own pace and interested. Each time you are exploring a new tool, ask yourself: How could this tool support learning in my classroom?
Station One: Windows Inking
Right click on the system tray at the bottom of your screen and select "Show Windows Ink Workspace button"
- There should be a check mark to the left if it is on
- You will see a pen at the bottom right
- Select the pen and select screen sketch
- Practice highlight text or underlining the prepositional phrase on THIS DOCUMENT
- Follow directions on the document.
- Save your annotation and share them on our PADLET.
Station Two: PowerPoint Recording
Watch a sample PPT recording on PPT Recording HERE.
- Open Power Point and create two slides
- Slide 1- Title the first slide with your lesson topic
- Use the record slide show feature in the Recording tab to introduce a lesson on the first slide
- Save the PPT
- Slide 2- Create Objectives for your lesson and highlight something on the screen while recording using Screen Recording with Inking
- You will have two different recordings on two different slides.
When would you use Flipgrid?
When would you use Power Point Recording?Students can use both...
Study the cell definitions for the Quizlet live experience that will follow. (Due to Numbers--Demo)
Station Three: Quizlet
- What DEMO of how Quizlet Live would work.
- *Quizlet live will divide the participants into teams. Teams need to sit together and work to determine which team member has the correct answer to the question.*
- Create a Quizlet account.
- Search for a question set for an upcoming lesson.
- Click on the question set to see the questions and click on the three dots to copy them into your personal bank of question sets.
- Notice you can combine question sets once you have added them to your bank.
- Click the pencil to add or delete a question.
Immediate feedback with Mentimeter
To create an environment for intensive discussions, use Mentimeter to let your audience participate and collaborate effectively on a particular topic. Interactive workshops are more fun to attend and facilitate a smooth session.
Save time for preparation and documentation
Increase the engagement with interactivity
Have more productive discussions by visualizing the results and looking at the same picture