3H Classroom News 10/27/15
Where leaders learn and learners lead!
A Look Ahead:
- Wednesday, October 28th - "Sock it to Drugs" day: Wear crazy, silly, mismatched socks)
- Wednesday, October 28th - Early Release for students = 12:40 dismissal time
- Friday, October 30th - Wear Red Day (No face painting)
- Friday, October 30th - PTO Halloween Dance 6-8pm
- Tuesday, November 3rd - Student make-up day for flooding
- Thursday, November 5th - 3rd-5th grade Awards Assembly beginning at 8am
- Friday, November 6th - PTO Movie Night = Begins @ 6pm
- Wednesday, November 11th - Field Trip to Charles Towne Landing
- Friday, November 13th - Club Day (FYI - in case your student is in a club where they need to bring something in for it)
- Tuesday, November 17th - Reading Night = 5:30-6:45pm
- Wednesday, November 18th - Class picture day AND Individual Make-up day (ALL students MUST be in uniform)
- Week of November 23rd-27th - No School for Thanksgiving holiday
Congratulations to Teagan Allen who was voted our Class Representative for the JBE Student Council.
Please try to have all pledges from the Boosterthon Fun Run collected by THURSDAY, October 29th! THANK YOU!!!
Donations of any of the following would be GREATLY appreciated:
2nd Quarter Special Area Schedule
Monday = P.E.
Tuesday = Computers
Tuesday = Library @ 1:05
Wednesday = Spanish
Thursday = Music
Friday = Art
- plain white printer paper
- paper towels
- letter size hanging files (these can be previously used)
Spelling - Depending on how your child is doing on their spelling tests, I may move them to a different group at any point throughout the year. I will let your child know if I feel the need for this as I want them to be learning the word patterns successfully, without having to struggle too much. If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to let me know. Be sure your student is completing their spelling homework each week and bringing it to school on Fridays.
SC History - We successfully completed our first big South Carolina history test! The next unit we will focus on is the Native Americans of SC.
Science - This week we will be starting our group habitat projects (during class time) to present to the class.
Reading - We are beginning to talk about how we can make connections while reading. *When your child is reading at home, ask them if they are making a Text to Self, Text to Text, or Text to World connection and for them to explain that connection to you!
Grammar - We spent last week talking about plural nouns: when to add -s, when to add -es, and when to change the word entirely. There will be a quiz on this topic Thursday.
Math - We have just begun our multiplication unit which should ensure that the students understand what is behind memorizing their multiplication facts. The students are doing great on their fact tests so far! This week is our 0s-3s facts test on Friday!