California University of PA
Building Character, Building Careers
Why Cal U?
- The volleyball program is recruiting me. I also have a friend who is already verbally committed there.
- They have a great biology program; I have already met with the professor.
- The location is northern PA and it is a small-medium sized college with newly refurbished facilities.
- I am up for many scholarships at the school so it will be very affordable and I could be a part of the honors program.
- I know several alumni of the school and volleyball program and everyone only has great things to say about the school.
- You need to take 4 years of English
- You need to take 4 years of academic electives
- 3 years of math are required
- 2 years of history and/or social studies are required
- 1 year of science and at least 1 year of a lab included with the science must be taken
- 2 years of language is recommended for admmitance to the school
- SATs and/or ACTs are required to be taken but the school takes in to account your high school transcript as much as they do test scores.
Activities and Programs
- 130 undergraduate programs are available
- 35 graduate programs are available, they are mainly tied to undergraduate programs with a focus
- University of Honors Programs; this is available to advanced students, they must maintain a certain grade point average to stay in the program
- An Internship Center is available and this covers anything from shadowing a teacher of your choice or actually going into the job field.
- A study abroad program is available
- 16 Varsity sports are available to those recruited (although there are opportunities to walk on at certain times), Cal U is a Division II school and is a part of the PSAC
- 100+ clubs and organizations including intramural sports and recreational activities
- College of Education and Human Services
- College of Liberal Arts
- Eberly College of Science and Technology
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
Eberly College of Science and Techonology
- General Zoology
- General Chemistry
- General Biology
- General Chemistry II
- Calculus I
- Intro to Cellular and Molecular Biology
- General Physics I
- General Ecology
- Organic Chemistry
- General Physics II
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Organic Chemistry II
- 2+ Related Electives of Focus
- Upper division Chemistry
- 3+ Related Electives of Focus
Internships Available to a Biology Major
All internships depend on what focus the student has chosen to take in biology. Cal U requires all biology majors to take a variety of different biology courses which opens up many doors in this career field.
- Marine Biology
- Animal Care
- Genetic Counseling Office
- Science Camp Couselor
- Research Programs
- Environmental/Biology Interns
- Biomedical Internships
- Clinical Research
- I had the opportunity to take AP Biology my sophomore year and found it very interesting.
- Biology opens many career options
- I have a family history of cancer and parkinson's so biology will help me understand and hopefully bring help to those with these diseases.
- I will be able to have the option of either being in the research field or doing lab work.
- Why are you considering this college (California University of PA)?
- Where is this school located? What is the school motto?
- What are the requirements to get into this school?
- What activities and programs are available at this school?
- What components make up the school? Is there a graduate program? What sort of colleges are inside this University?
- What sort of classes can you expect with this major?
- What kind of internships can you take on?
- Why are you considering majoring in this?