May 20th Pony News
Building a Brighter Future!
Thank you for building a brighter future for our Ponies with us this year. We did it!
Leah Jackson Primary BIC Instructional Support
Hello there Pony family!!!
I was very excited to be joining the Lewisville Elementary staff and be apart of the BIC crew : - ). I am married to a wonderful man by the name of Dennis and we both work with special needs children. I graduated from Langston University with a Bachelor’s degree in Corrections. I have worked with different ranges of children from the correctional setting all the way down to 2 yrs old. I am the oldest of 3 and I have an amazing nephew, Yosiah, that has me wrapped around his little finger. I love to travel and I also am a Junior Advisor for the organization called Best Buddies.
Congratulations Mrs. Pugh
End of the Year Assessments
The SSI End of Year pre-populated reading letters for K-2 grades will be printed and distributed to teachers. These letters need to go home with students by May 23rd. As a reminder, here is the power point shared last year to give you background information.
LISD Assessment Calendar for EOY Assessment Dates
Book Drive for Kids -- May 20th
Hi teachers! Books For Kids will be here on Monday, May 20th to gift a book to all of our students. Please follow and be cognizant of the schedule below. During your time please bring the students to the library. The organizers will speak to the students and then they will browse tables to find a book. Once they find a book, each student will be given a sticker to place inside their book! This is a great event to kick off our Summer Reading Program!
THURSDAY, MAY 23, 2019 SCHEDULE
11:30 to 11:45 am - Students are dismissed. Follow Early Release Schedule 2018-2019
12:00 pm - Complete End-of-Year Checklist (100%) and turn in outside of Valdes’ office
- ALL checklists must be turned in before 5:00 pm Thursday, May 23, 2019.
- Staff members WILL NOT be permitted to return on Friday to complete check-out.
5:00 pm - Join us for dinner and our EOY celebration in the Library.
7:00 pm - End of the work day
LVES EOY Staff Celebration
LVES Summer Self Care Challenge
Click HERE to access a PDF version of the Self Care Challenges.
- New Teacher Celebration throughout the day.
- 3rd to 5th Grade EOY LPACs (Mrs. Valdes in LPACS all day)
- Book Drive for Kids in Library
- Awards Ceremonies (2nd gr. @ 2:15; 3rd gr. @ 8:00; 4th gr. @ 9:00)
- Emily Becker BD
- Choir Banquet at VCC 6:00pm
- 5th Grade Graduation @ 1:00 PM
- 5th Grade Lock-In (after school hours until 5:00)
- Last day of school
- Early Release
- EOY Parties
More Important Dates:
May 24th - Patty Salazar BD
Thanks to the cafeteria crew for our wonderful lunches during STAAR testing! We appreciate y’all!
- Thanks to Mrs. Morales & Mrs. Hernandez for keeping the 4th grade hall quiet during testing. You 2 are fabulous!
- Sandra Hernandez for making the delicious flan!
- Mrs. Norton and Mrs.Echevarria for all your help with the Lunch with a Leader field trip
- Ms. Butler for your generous donation to a family in need
- Thanks to everyone that helped to make the Volunteer Brunch a success! Thanks to: Mrs.Vando, Mrs. Echevarria, Mrs, Betty Guerrero, Mrs. Norton, Mrs. Anguita, Mrs. Sandra Hernandez, All the teams that provided food and Mrs. Hayes class for making such wonderful gifts for our volunteers!
- Thank you Mrs. Echevarria and Mrs. Norton for coordinating the Pennies for Patients drive!
- Shout to Mrs. Norton and Mrs. Echevarria for hosting the Pennies for Patients Pasta Party from Olive Garden! The students had a blast!
- Thanks Ms. Green for leading the fantastic CIS field trip to the Dallas Children's Theater ("Island of the Skog").
- Thank you Ms. Betty and Ms. Vando for always jumping in to help no matter the situation
- Mrs. Kilam for your support at the CIS Gala
- To our awesome counselors for celebrating our students for good behavior (10 Golden Ponies Winners) with an exciting outdoor party with snacks, bubbles and butterflies!!!
- Ms.Echevarria for coordinating and setting up the Senior Breakfast! It was so cool to see so many former ponies come back and get to celebrate their future success!
- Mrs. Norton, Ms. Green & Mrs. Echevarria for all the support, caring and great attitude that you always display at LVES!!!
- Mrs. Norton for always bringing sunshine & fun to our students with the morning dancing & amazing laugh!!!
- Thanks to everyone for your support during STAAR testing! No matter what you role you had...no matter how big or small, you are appreciated!
Happy June and July Birthdays
Alycia Medlock - June 7
- Wanda Oden -- June 15
Laura Norton -- June 23
- Elda Ratzlaff -- June 26
- Araceli Hernandez -- June 28
- Isabel (Izzy) Bernal -- July 1
- Betty Guerrero --July 7
- Danielle Maurier -- July 7
- Lance Thomas -- July 9
- Michael Fitzgerald -- July 10
- Courtney Silvia -- July 15
- Yolanda Vando -- July 22