By: Lucas Hoopingarner
Diseases for the heart
- Sudden death. occurs when there is loss of the heart ability to pump blood. this may be because of a heart attack
- A adults hearts beat 72 times a minute 100,000 times a day 3,600,000 a year
- Because the heart has its own electrical impulse, it can continue to beat even when separated from the body, as long as it has an adequate supply of oxygen.
- The heart pumps blood to almost all of the body’s 75 trillion cells. Only the corneas receive no blood supply.
- During an average lifetime, the heart will pump nearly 1.5 million barrels of blood—enough to fill 200 train tank cars.
- Five percent of blood supplies the heart, 15-20% goes to the brain and central nervous system, and 22% goes to the kidneys.