Flores Class Chronicle - Week 22
Please take a moment to read this memo (it can get lengthy) each week. This is where we will post all the important dates and events to keep up with.
The weekly newsletters may also be found archived on our class website under the "Weekly Newsletters" page. Questions and/or comments? Please let me know!
For the love of learning,
4th ANNUAL FACULTY FOLLIES SHOW - Saturday, February 20 @11:00am - VISTA RIDGE PAC
Art Supplies Needed
The February PTA newsletter is out! Check it out below to see all the great things that are happening around our campus.
Also, every 1st, 3rd, & 5th Friday morning, between 7:15-7:40, our PTA sells the ever-popular spirit sticks for $1 each and spirit rings for $2 each outside the front doors of the school (if weather permits; immediately inside if not). These are upcoming sales dates: February 19, March 4, 18, April 1, 15, 29, and May 6, 20.
Current Week's Schedule of Events
The Week Ahead
Please Review Our Class Special's Schedule for your Student's Rotation Day. (https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/mrs-flores/class-schedule
- Orange Specials Day
- Yellow Specials Day
- Green Specials Day
- Blue Specials Day
- Purple Specials Day
HOMEWORK is posted each Monday and the due date is posted on Google Classroom.
Below you will find upcoming dates for the first semester. Please update your calendars accordingly. Please understand that dates are subject to change and more than likely will, but we will keep this list current to the best of our ability. To assist you in keeping your calendars updated, any additions or changes from the previous week's memo will be in bold.
- Wednesday 2/17 - progress reports sent home ONLY for students with a grade >70% in any subject
- Saturday 2/20 - Faculty Follies
- Wednesday 3/2 - TX Independence Day - Dress like a Texan in 4th
- Sunday 3/13 - Daylight Savings Time - SPRING FORWARD!
- Monday 3/14 - Friday 3/18 - NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- Friday 3/25 - NO SCHOOL - Good Friday
- Tuesday 3/29 - 4th Grade Writing STAAR Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Friday 4/1 - End of the 3rd 9 weeks
- Friday 4/1 - First Fun Friday in 4th Grade - Illuminocity Atrocity - Dress in BRIGHT or NEON colors!
- Monday 4/4 - Stephanie Beasley's 29th birthday
- Wednesday 4/6 - report cards sent home
- 4/22 - Earth Day
- Monday 4/25 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Wednesday 5/4 - progress reports sent home ONLY for students with a grade >70% in any subject
- Friday 5/6 - Fun First Friday in 4th Grade - Dress like a STAR! (music, sport, TV - school dress code compliant, please :)
- Monday 5/9 - 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR Math Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Tuesday 5/10 - 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR Reading Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Monday 5/24 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Monday 5/30 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- Friday 6/3 End of 4th 9 weeks - report cards sent home & Last Day of School - Have a GREAT summer!