MSA Comings & Goings
Monday, November 10, 2014
- Tuesday - 11 - Remembrance Day - no school
- Thursday - 13 - Open House for prospective parents at Noon and 5:30 pm
- Friday - 14 - Non-uniform day; denim & blue for Diabetes
- Friday - 21 - Bazaar 10 am - 10 pm
- Saturday - 22 - Bazaar 10 am - 10 pm
- Wednesday - 26 - Career Day for Gr. 10 - 12 & Take Our Kids to Work for Gr. 9
- Sunday - 30 - 1st Sunday of Advent
- Monday - 1 - Winter uniform begins
- Tuesday - 2 - Elementary Assembly at 8:35 am
- Wednesday - 3 - Parent Student Teacher Interviews 4 - 6:30 pm K - Gr. 12 (Changed from November 19)
- Thursday 4 - Parent Student Teacher Interviews 4 - 6:30 pm K - Gr. 12 (Changed from November 20)
- Friday - 5 - Middle School Assembly at 8:25 am
- Friday - 5 - Red & Green Non-uniform Day to support the St. Vincent DePaul Society
- Saturday - 6 - Santa Breakfast from 9:00 - 11:00 am for Grades K - 4
- Monday - 8 - Immaculate Conception Mass at 10:30 am for Grades K - 12
- Friday - 12 - Sugar Plum Shop from 9:00 - 12:00 pm for Grades K - 5
Remembrance Day Ceremony at MSA on November 10
Today, MSA students from Grades 6 - 12 took some time to reflect and remember those who fought and those who lost their lives during war and military conflict. We were joined in this Remembrance Day Ceremony by members of the British Army Rugby Unit, the Bermuda Regiment, Bermuda War Veterans Association, and the Bermuda Police Service. Father Paul Voisin lead the service with Senator Jeff Baron offering some concluding remarks and congratulating MSA on taking the time to remember and reflect. Each of the students received a poppy which they wore proudly.
Hot Lunch Rescheduled
Since the Bazaar has been rescheduled for 21 and 22 November and the downstairs kitchen will be busy that week, there will be no hot lunch served during the week of 17 – 21 November. Parents who have already bought tickets for that week will need to attach them to their next order form for a refund or apply them to new dates in the future.
Middle School Notices
Any parent who is not yet signed up for Homelogic, where you can access your child’s grades, assignments etc., can call the office and speak to either Mrs. Fletcher or Mrs. Pimentel who will be happy to sign you up!
High School Notices
The Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Practice Walk will take place on 22 and 23 November, while the Silver Practice Walk will be on 21, 22 and 23 November.
Congrats to seventh grader, Ricky Mallory, for his impressive tennis performance in Mexico! His Coach said of him: “Ricky is the future of our tennis and he looks like he belongs out here on the same level as the best of them,” Bean said. “To be at their level without as much tennis as them shows how much talent Ricky has.”
Uniform Shop Hours
Thursday - 13 -8:15 am to 9:15 am
Tuesday - 18 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Thursday - 27 - 8:15 am to 9:15 am
Tuesday - 2 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Thursday - 11 - 8:15 am to 9:15 am
URGENT RAFFLE NOTICE
Almost all raffle tickets have been handed in, but the few that remain outstanding must be returned to the office immediately.
Revised Dates and Volunteering
The revised dates for the Bazaar are now 21 and 22, November, 2014 from 10:00 am - 10:00 pm. Although some elements of the event may be slightly different this year, we anticipate a good time will be had by all.
New dates means having to create new volunteer schedules for the stalls, so we'd like to encourage everyone to either use this updated online form:
Or to collect a hard copy from the office to complete.
We realize that plants may be a little scarce at the moment, but any donations would be greatly appreciated! Please contact Pam or Tony Amaral with any questions or to arrange drop off. They can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second Hand Rose
Also, please consider donating any new or gently used good that you feel would be suitable for the second hand rose. We've already received some donations and we're sure there will be some great finds ! Please contact Kathie Ausenda to arrange drop off by contacting her at email@example.com