ROCORI SECONDARY SCHOOL NEWSLETTER
May 12, 2023
DATES TO REMEMBER
5/20 - ROCORI FFA Barnyard Trot - 9AM
5/25 - Last day of Drop In Center
- Seniors turn in MacBooks
5/26 - Seniors Last Day
5/29 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
5/30 - Middle School turn in MacBooks
5/31 - High School turn in MacBooks
6/1 - Last Day of School
6/2 - Graduation Practice - 9:30AM High School Gym
6/3 - Graduation Class of 2023 - 6:30PM
MESSAGE FROM PRINCIPAL HAUGE
Last week we had a significant disruption to the school day . We are working with the Cold Spring Police Department as they investigate the incident. Separately, our administrative team is conducting an investigation to determine the appropriate school consequences for those involved. We are not able to provide more specific information, but we are taking this matter very seriously.
Thank you to all Secondary staff who managed the challenge and kept students safe. Also thank you to our buildings / grounds and custodial staff who got things cleaned up quickly so we could resume school the following day.
LAST DAY OF DROP IN CENTER IS THURSDAY, MAY 25TH
MACBOOK TURN IN SCHEDULE
- Thursday, May 25th - All Seniors (By Homeroom)
- Tuesday, May 30th - Middle School (By Science Classes)
- Wednesday, May 31st - High School (By Homeroom)
All hard drives will be wiped this summer, anything not saved in your OneDrive will be lost! Be sure to have all of the documents you want to keep saved in your OneDrive.
- Make sure your device is fully charged
- Have all stickers, skins or covers of any kind taken off your device.
- Have your school issued case
- Make sure you have your power brick (Replacement will cost 39.00)
- Make sure you have your power cord (Replacement will cost 19.00)
- Treats will be given to those students who have followed these instructions.
- Also, if your family has any other school issued device: laptop, power cable, hotspot, ipad, etc. please return them by May 31st unless you have made other arrangements with your child’s teacher.
BUSSING FOR THE 23-24 SCHOOL YEAR
As we wrap up this school year and look forward to the next, please remember to fill out your transportation form for the 2023-2024 school year. To ensure your student(s) are properly routed for the upcoming school year, please complete your form(s) by August 14th, 2023. Forms filled out after this date may cause delays in routing of your student(s).
You can find the necessary transportation forms here on the district website:
END OF YEAR MESSAGE FROM THE NURSES OFFICE
End of the School Information
- If you have Medication in the Nurses Office – Medications/Inhalers/Epi Pens/diabetic supplies need to be picked up and signed for by a parent by 4pm Friday June 2rd. Any medication left in the Nurses office will be disposed of.
- Any medications expiring during the month of May 2023.
Looking Forward to next year 2023-2024
- Students need to have immunizations up to date. Please check skyward to see if your student is missing any immunizations
- In coming 7th graders will need meningococcal and Tdap vaccines.
- In coming 12th Grade need second does of Meningococcal.
- If you have a student with a Health Concern, Their Care Plan needs to be updated every year.
- If your student needs to take Prescribed medications at school, they need to have a new prescription from the DR to administer at school every year. ALL Prescribed medications need to be kept in the nurse’s office. If they carry and EPI or Inhaler they also need the prescription to carry it at school.
- If you student takes over the counter medication. They need a new form filled out every year. They also need to bring in a bottle of the over the counter medication. If your student is in 6-8th grade all over the counter medication needs to be kept in the Health Office.
SENIORS LAST DAY IS FRIDAY, MAY 26TH
GRADUATION PRACTICE - JUNE 2ND AT 9:30AM - HIGH SCHOOL GYM
GRAD PARTY MEETING
ATTENTION CLASS OF 2023
Your graduation ceremony will be held at 6:30 PM on Saturday, June 3rd in the high school gymnasium.
Grad Party Tickets are $75.00
Don’t miss out on this exciting and fun night. CLICK HERE to purchase your ticket today!
ROCORI FFA 5K "THE BARNYARD TROT ~ MAY 20TH
ROCORI Area Dollars for Scholars Spring Flower Sale
With this weather, it seems hard to believe but spring really IS coming! We’re so confident that warmer weather is on its way that we are moving forward in planning our spring flower sale. We will be selling our usual array of beautiful pots and planters on Friday May 12th from 2:00 – 7:00pm in the Marnanteli’s Pizza parking lot in Cold Spring. Get them while they last! Cash, check and credit card are accepted. All proceeds go to ROCORI Area Dollars for Scholars to fund college scholarships for ROCORI students. Your support is appreciated!
RHS YEARBOOKS - GRADES 9-12
RMS YEARBOOKS - GRADES 6-8
ATTENTION SENIORS & JUNIORS
Seniors and Juniors:
Check the scholarship webpage for new scholarship postings.
5TH GRADE TRANSITION
FOOTBALL MEETING 9TH-12TH GRADE
All football players that will be a 9th-12th grader next fall NEED to attend our Mandatory Team Meeting on Wednesday, May 17th at 3pm in the HS gym. If you're in a spring sport, your coaches have already been contacted and you are given permission to be late to that practice in order to attend this meeting.
If for whatever reason you can not make the meeting, it is vital to see Coach James Herberg as soon as possible.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
Ryan Hauge - Secondary Principal, grades 6 - 12 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Austad - Assistant Principal, grades 9 - 12 - email@example.com us
Jake Nelson - Assistant Principal, grades 6 - 8 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie Ruegemer - Assistant Principal, grades 6-12 - email@example.com
Joel Baumgarten - Activities Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Marsha Gilbertson - Guidance Counselor, grades 9-12 - email@example.com
Shelly Collison - Guidance Counselor, grades 9 - 12 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kendra Schlangen - Guidance Counselor, grades 6 - 8 email@example.com
Amy Olson - Guidance Counselor, grades 6 - 8 - firstname.lastname@example.org