The Glacier Bear Connection
SHERROD ELEMENTARY NEWSLETTER VOL 21.3
AUGUST 31, 2020
Outside as much as possible
Call the office before 2:45 pm with any changes to end of day transportation.
Any transportation requests after 3:00 pm may not get to your child by dismissal.
If you need to make changes please call Ms. Lisa at 761-4100. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding that the end of the day is a very hectic time for all.
School Dismissal Manager helps to keep your child safe while quickly communicating important dismissal details for school office staff. Talk with your school office staff today to get signed up.
Virtue of the Week
The virtue of the week is Humility. Each week classes will select a student of the week who has demonstrated the week's virtue. Those students will be announced on the morning show on Friday's.
Being humble is considering others as important as yourself. You are thoughtful of their needs and willing to be of service. You don't expect others or yourself to be perfect. You learn from your mistakes. When you do great things, humility reminds you to be thankful instead of boastful.
Student of the Week
Notes from Nurse Dana
Your child need to be kept at home if they are exhibiting any of the following symptoms:
- fever/chills cough
- shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- congestion/runny nose
- sore throat
- new loss of taste or smell
- muscle/joint/body aches
- or fatigue.
Any of these symptoms listed may be symptoms of COVID-19. Please contact your health care provider and follow their guidance; they may want to test your child for COVID-19.
There are certain criteria that must be met before your child can come back to school after having any of these symptoms. Please contact Nurse Dana at 907-761-4103 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the plan for returning to school.
As always, other contagious illnesses or conditions such as conjunctivitis (pink eye) or head lice must be communicated to the school prior to returning.
Thank you for your support!
Student Lunch Balance
and creating an account. You will need your student's ID number.
Thank you for making sure your students have money on their accounts so that they can eat lunch and not have a negative balance. We appreciate your help in this matter.
SchoolCafe gives students and parents a quick and easy way to stay on top of their nutrition. Submitting eligibility applications has never been easier, SchoolCafe allows parents to quickly submit for Free & Reduced Meal benefits.
Mark your calendars
- 8/30: Virtue of the Week: HUMILITY
- 8/31: XC begins 8:00-9:00 am Monday -Thursday
- 9/1: Tuesday Walking Club Last Name A-J begins 3:45 pm
- 9/3: Thursday Walking Club Last Name K-Z begins at 3:45 pm
- 9/6: Virtue of the Week: JOYFULNESS
- 9/7: NO SCHOOL
- 9/8: Tuesday Walking Club Last Name A-J begins 3:45 pm
- 910: Thursday Walking Club Last Name K-Z begins at 3:45 pm
- 9/13: Virtue of the Week: CLEANLINESS
- 9/15: Tuesday Walking Club Last Name A-J begins 3:45 pm
- 9/17: Thursday Walking Club Last Name K-Z begins at 3:45 pm
- 9/18: Fall School Pictures
- 9/20: Virtue of the Week: CREATIVITY
- 9/22: Tuesday Walking Club Last Name A-J begins 3:45 pm
- 9/24: Thursday Walking Club Last Name K-Z begins at 3:45 pm
- 9/27: Virtue of the Week: ASSERTIVENESS
- 9/29: Tuesday Walking Club Last Name A-J begins 3:45 pm
- 10/1: TENTATIVE Basketball Begins
- 10/1: Thursday Walking Club Last Name K-Z begins at 3:45 pm
- 10/4: Virtue of the Week: UNDERSTANDING
- 10/11: Virtue of the Week: PATIENCE
- 10/14: End of Q1
- 10/15: Great Alaskan Shake Out Earthquake Drill 10:15 am
- 10/18: Virtue of the Week: RESPONSIBILITY
- 10/25: Virtue of the Week: MODERATION
- 10/26-10/30: Red Ribbon Week Spirit Week
- 10/26: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Wear Red Day
- 10/27: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Aloha Day
- 10/28: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Hat Day and/or Sherrod Colors (Blue/White)
- 10/29: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Crazy Hair Day
- 10/30: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Super Hero Day