A New Way Of Communicating
The Very First Computer Built
- Computers were already used by the army before they were first being sold commercially.
- In 1951 the first commercially "mass produced" electric computer entered the market.
- The first computer was manufactured in the U.S.
- Computers would take up plenty of space. (As big as a whole room)
- The UNIVAC I was at least sold at one million dollars or more, plus a high speed printer for $185,000 in 1951.
- The UNIVAC I would take up to 953 cubic feet.
- Remington Rand manufactured the UNIVAC.
The UNIVAC I, manufactured by Remington Rand in 1951. http://computerhistory.org