Firm or steady; not likely to move
What does it mean?
Definitions and Sentences
adjective: firmly established; not changing or fluctuating
- stably, stableness, stabler, stablest, stability
* The chair is not stable because one of its legs is shorter than the rest.
* When it has the correct number of electrons, the element is considered stable.
noun: building in which domestic animals are sheltered and fed; building having stalls or compartments
* She rode the horse back to the stable.
verb: to put or keep in a stable
- stabled, stabling
* Where do you stable your horses?