Family Newsletter-October 6, 2020
As we progress with our Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL) model through October, I wanted to take a moment to remind families of the Hillsboro District's plan for Ready Schools, Safe Learners. When HSD decided upon the CDL model, it was based on the guidance, requirements and health metrics outlined by the Oregon Department of Education (ODE), Governor Brown and the Oregon Health Authority (https://bit.ly/2X6JouN). The decisions that HSD makes have to follow all of these requirements. HSD committed to reviewing health metrics in mid October to consider a timeline for moving to Hybrid Learning based on the above requirements. The health, safety and wellbeing of students, staff and the community remain at the center of all our decision making.
Mrs. Gina McLain
Important Dates to Remember
- Thurs., Oct. 8th: No School--Staff Development & Work Day
- Fri., Oct. 9th: No School--Licensed Staff Non-Contract Day
- Week of Oct. 12th-15th: Virtual Back to School Nights!--detailed information below
- Mon., Oct. 12th: Virtual Booster Club Mtg. 7:00-8:30 join by going to https://join.freeconferencecall.com/lenoxboosterclub or call (425) 436-6377 using access code 3569886#
- Mid October: District reviews health metrics and considers a timeline for moving to Hybrid Learning and will notify students and families.
- Thurs., Nov. 5th: End of 1st Quarter
- Fri., Nov. 6th: No School--Teacher Work Day and Family Conferences Prep
- Tues., Nov. 10th: Virtual Family Conferences--only in the evening (more info to come)
- Wed., Nov. 11th: No School--Veteran's Day
- Thurs., Nov. 12th: No School--Virtual Family Conferences all day (more info to come)
View the HSD 2020-21 Calendar HERE
- Free Meals for ALL Students--click here for information to make sure you get meals for your child. No Meals Served on Nov. 8th & 9th due to no school. Double meals will be given out on Wednesday the 7th.
Great Oregon ShakeOut October 15th-- The Great Oregon ShakeOut provides an opportunity to practice how to be safer during big earthquakes using the “Drop, Cover, and Hold On” protocol. It also reminds us to review and update emergency preparedness plans and supplies, and secure surroundings to prevent damage and injury. Lenox usually participates in this event. This would be great for families to do in your homes during CDL.
Virtual Back To School Nights--NEXT WEEK!
Monday, Oct. 12th--Kindergarten & EL Dept. Info Sessions
Tuesday, Oct. 13th--1st & 2nd grades & ERC Dept. Info Sessions
Wednesday, Oct. 14th--3rd & 4th grades & Counselor Info Sessions
Thursday, Oct. 15th--5th & 6th grades & EL Dept. Info Sessions for 4th-6th grades
Each evening there will be:
- Session 1 from 5:00-5:40
- Principal McLain Info Session 5:45-6:05
- Session 2 from 6:10-6:50
Sessions 1 & 2 are exactly the same. Choose one session to attend.
Click here for the complete schedule. Google Meet links will be sent to you through email each day for access to those sessions.
Family Tech & Digital Tools Support
Lenox Booster Club
Make sure to sign up for an account on the website to receive all Booster related information.