Fifth Grade Newsletter
August 23, 2018
One Week Down and in the Books!
First Official Celebrate Smith - AUGUST 24
You may preregister online before 2:00 on Thursdays and your badge will be ready for you for you Friday morning. If you have not yet scanned your drivers license this year, you will need to do that at school. Here is the link to preregister https://goo.gl/Oshd0H
We would also like to remind you that upon leaving the loop, you must turn right only. Waiting to go straight holds up the line. Going left and driving the wrong way to get around cars is dangerous and of course illegal.
Thank you for your patience and assistance.
Pine Cove 5th Grade Camp
As you know, this is the year for 5th Grade Camp. Pine Cove Timbers in Tyler, Texas is the site of this amazing outdoor learning opportunity for students. Students will have an opportunity to participate in hands-on activities that will develop their awareness, appreciation, and understanding of the outdoor environment. It is an extension of our classroom. The camp curriculum is aligned with the State and the camp staff is outstanding; and you can feel good about your child’s participation in this enriching opportunity.
A Pine Cove parent information meeting will be held September 18th from 6:00 - 7:00 pm, but in the mean time, we wanted to give you some information so you can plan ahead.
- The dates for camp are Wednesday, November 14 through Friday, November 16.
- The cost for the camp is $153 per child and $20 transportation fee. Payment is due on Oct. 15.
- Students are supervised the entire time by camp personnel, chaperones, and teachers.
- If you are interested in being a chaperone and have not yet signed up, please contact Mrs. Baril at email@example.com (chaperones chosen at random mid Oct. and background checks must be done by Oct.1) Chaperone fee is approx. $80.
- Students stay in nice cabins with a/c, heat, and private showers.
- All meals are included. Dietary restrictions are accomodated and can be designated here http://bit.ly/2vqKReU If you questions about dietary needs please contact Mrs. Baril at firstname.lastname@example.org
All other questions regarding Pine Cove will be addressed in our informational meeting on Sept. 18.
Reading- Self-Monitoring Comprehension
Writing- Writing Process and Irregular Verbs
Science- Properties of Matter
Social Studies- Regions of the US
August 24 - First Official Celebrate SmithAugust 30 - Watch DOGS Kickoff
September 3 - Labor Day - No School
September 6 - Curriculum Night
September 10-14 - College Week
September 14 - Dot Day
September 18 - Pine Cove Information Meeting
September 25 - Picture Day