Fifth Grade News
Mrs. Getchman ~ January 18, 2018
- Why is preparation an important part of the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Write a Palanca letter to a St. Michael Confirmation candidate for reading at this weekend's retreat
- Infer and predict to draw conclusions and make generalizations
- Understand Greek and Latin roots
- Use commas in a series
- Solve real-world problems involving fractions and mixed numbers
How can the Holy Spirit help you to be a witness to Christ today?
Pray together: Holy Spirit, fill us with your gentleness. Help us be kind in what we say and do. Amen.
Still looking for one more mom to join us on the trip.
Catholic Schools' Week
It's coming. . .
- Tomorrow - Mass
- Tomorrow - National Geography Bee preliminary round in the classroom
- January 25 - Prayer to the Holy Spirit test
- January 26 - Passport Check Day
- January 28 - Open House 11:00-1:00
- January 28 - February 2 - Catholic Schools' Week
- February 1 - Shakespeare lines memorized.
- February 22 - State test #1
Be kinder than is necessary
Just a little business this week. . .
I have not yet received all the report card envelopes. If you haven't already, please return the signed envelope.
Remember, if a student has been absent due to illness, he or she has the same number of days gone to complete missing work. For example, if four days were missed, all work is expected within four days. This can be daunting as the regular work continues. Thank you for your support in helping the students stay accountable to their responsibilities as fifth graders.