Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights - 1/25/2021
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular meeting virtually on January 25, 2021. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda motions were approved: Agenda and Addendum.
- Dr. McGann shared her Superintendent's Report, linked here.
- The Board, together with the Flemington-Raritan Education Association, honored the 2019-2020 Educators of the Year during this meeting since the District was closed last spring due to the pandemic. These outstanding educators are featured in the section below in celebration of their prestigious achievement.
- An audio recording of the meeting is available on our web site here.
2019-2020 Educators of the Year
The 2019-2020 Educators of the Year are:
BARLEY SHEAF SCHOOL
Teacher – Morgan Schrum, Special Education Learning Language Disabilities
Educational Services Professional – Irene Silvestri, Teacher Assistant
COPPER HILL SCHOOL
Teacher – Jane Roosa, Resource Center
Educational Services Professional – Laurie McKenzie, Speech Language Pathologist
FRANCIS A. DESMARES SCHOOL
Teacher – Alaina Gorka, Grade 4
Educational Services Professional – Dawn Koelle, Support Skills/Math
ROBERT HUNTER SCHOOL
Teacher –Julia Rosa, ESL
Educational Services Professional – Susanna Cunniff, School Nurse
READING-FLEMING INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
Teacher – Carol Hecky, Resource Center/Grade 6 Math
Educational Services Professional – Courtney Moscowitz, School Social Worker
J.P. CASE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Teacher – John O'Leary, 8th Grade Social Studies
Educational Services Professional – Kathy Plichta, Teacher Assistant
Policy & Regulation Update
The following revised policy was adopted:
- P 0155 - Board Committees
Board policies and regulations are available online here.
Next Meeting - February 8, 2021
- The Board will meet again on Monday, February 8, 2021.
- To view the 2021 Board Schedule, click here.
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity