Wow! It's already week 7!
Please check your child's hair for nits as we currently have had cases in our class. The link below provides helpful hints and tips.
Homework and Home readers
This weeks homework:
Week 7 Term 1 – Remember additional tasks can be completed online by completing activities at Study ladder, Spelling City and iMaths.
Please read your reader each night to an adult. You may continue to read more if you have the time.
Be sure to have the adult make an entry in your reading log. Bring your reading log to school each day.
Speaking Task: Favourite book
Bring in your favourite book and read a couple of paragraphs to the class.
Spelling Words: Unit 6 Revision Week from Spelling Rules
Simpler Words: thank funny lucky
List Words: time place shine holiday share need planned
dropped skipped baby
Extension Words: windy chicken sucked
1. Complete SLLURP (say, listen, look, understand, remember and practise) with your words.
2. Write your list words out once in your book. Use coloured pencils to show the patterns in the words.
3. Write two sentences using some of your list words. Underline the list words you have used. Remember to use a capital letter at the start of the sentence and for proper nouns.
Complete the patterns:
1. 50, 60, 70, 80, ______, ______, ______, ______, ______, _______,
2. 26, 36, 46 , 56, ______, ______, ______, ______, ______, _______,
3. 35, 40, 45, 55, ______, ______, ______, ______, ______, _______,
Can you solve this problem using the Guess and Check strategy?
There were 9 sheep in one paddock and 5 cows in the other paddock. How many legs were there altogether?
Draw/ record your thinking in the space below.
Thank you to all the helpers we have had last week! If you have any free time and what to pop in to help come anytime.
Please remember to bring your library bag in on a Wednesday
Remember to order your lunch on Wednesday for Thursday.