April 22, 2021
Updated guidance for MSHSL member schools based on this new information is being prepared and will be shared later today.
Below is a quick summary of the new information that goes into effect today.
Updated Outdoor Sports Mask/Face Covering Guidance
Masks/face coverings are no longer required for student-athletes in outdoor contests and practices when they are actively engaged in competition and/or practice.
Masks/face coverings are required to be worn when outdoor sports participants are not actively practicing or competing and cannot maintain physical distancing.
Masks/face coverings are still required:
- For student-athletes when competing or practicing indoors
- For student-athletes at outdoor contests and practices at any time when they are not actively competing
- For coaches at all times
- For officials at all times
- For spectators at all events-both outdoors and indoors. Guidance for spectators attending events has not changed.
Testing and Vaccination Recommendations from MDH
- MDH highly recommends COVID-19 testing every two weeks for all students in Minnesota.
- MDH highly recommends weekly COVID-19 testing for all activity and athletic participants in Minnesota.
- MDH highly recommends COVID-19 vaccinations for all students ages 16-18.
- After a close contact, fully vaccinated students will not be required to quarantine if they have no symptoms.