Silver Creek Chronicle
Week of August 23rd, 2021
A Message from the Principal
On a another note, our Azle family has seen quite a bit of tragedy this weekend and our hearts will be heavy as we return to school tomorrow. Please keep these Hornet families in your thoughts.
- Mrs. Flemming
Principal, Silver Creek Elementary
Grade Level Weekly Newsletters
Please click on the grade level buttons below to see what your SC Camper is learning this week. (TIP: scroll to see more in each link!)
- This week we will be closing the water fountains as we do our best to help contain the spread of COVID at Silver Creek. Make sure your student has a water bottle that is able to close without spilling if turned over. Please do not send yeti type cups or cups with straws.
- We ask that you continue to monitor your student and if they are showing symptoms to please keep them at home.
- If there is a confirmed positive case in your student's class, we will notify the families of the students in that class of possible exposure.
WOOHOO! Thanks to all of you and our super hard working staff arrival and dismissal is going GREAT!
- Please remember Kindergarten ONLY (along with their older siblings) will drop-off and pick-up in the front loop next to the curb
- Drop-off begins at 7:20
- Please don't line up for dismissal prior to 3:00
- When exiting from sidecar, please take turns and merge into a single line to exit around the back loop.
- If your child needs to change their transportation for the day please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 2:00PM.
- If your student is needing to be picked up early please do so before 2:30PM.
From the Counselor
I visited several classrooms this week, and will visit the rest next week, to introduce myself and review the role of the school counselor. It is always fun to hear what students think my job is. My favorite response every year is that I’m the one who “cancels” everything! A parent letter went home on Tuesday explaining the lesson I taught and how I can help. Please contact me any time with questions or concerns. If you have a kindergarten student, I have been by their classroom to introduce myself, but will not present my “Meet the Counselor” lesson until September. It’s been an exciting week at Silver Creek!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Silver Creek PTO
- August 30: Fundraising Kick-Off!
- August 30: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
- September 3: Student HOLIDAY - Professional Development
- September 3: Progress Report 1 issued
- September 6: HOLIDAY
- September 6-10: Substitute Appreciation Week
- September 8: Grandparents Day for last names A-L
- September 9: Grandparents Day for last names M-Z
- September 10: TRRFCC Ticket Event and House Dress Day!
- September 13: First Responders Day
- September 16: Picture day!
- September 17: Fundraiser Ends
- September 24: Progress Report 2 Issued
- September 27: TRRFCC Ticket Store during WIN time this week
- September 27: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
October 5: Fundraiser Delivery
October 11- Student HOLIDAY
October 12 - Student HOLIDAY - Staff Development
October 13: Success Rally and House Dress Day
October 15: Report Card Issued
October 25: 50th Day of School
October 25: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
October 25-29 - Red Ribbon Week
October 26: Picture Make-Up Day
October 28: Pajama Jam - Literacy Night (5:00-7:00PM)
- November 5: Progress report Issued
- November 8-12: Book Fair!
- November 9: Thanksgiving Lunch for last names (A-L)
- November 10: Thanksgiving Lunch for last names (M-Z)
- November 11: Veteran's Day Parade
- November 12: TRRFCC Ticket Event and House Dress Day
- November 22-26: Thanksgiving Break - No School
- November 29: Student HOLIDAY - Staff Development
- November 29: Progress Report Issued
- November 30: TRRFCC Ticket Store this Week
- December 6: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
- December 15: Success Rally and House Dress Day!
- December 16: 3rd Grade Winter Performance
- December 17: Class Holiday Parties (9:00-10:00AM)
**DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!**