UPE News Update
FEBRUARY 25, 2022
REMINDER: MARCH 2 IS A LATE START WEDNSDAY!
Book Character Dress Up Day Friday, March 4
We are excited to continue our long tradition of Book Character Day at UPE (previously known as Dr. Seuss Day). When children embody their favorite storybook characters, they make lasting, deep connections to literature they love. Have fun supporting your child in the journey to identify a storybook character they wish to represent and helping him, her, or them create fun, inexpensive ways to represent this character next Friday!
It’s almost time to apply for Preschool for the 2022-2023 school year!
*Applications accepted online beginning Tuesday, March 1st!
We have a limited capacity for 15 children in our preschool class, so we will be filling those spots first to in-district children prioritizing children with special needs along with considerations such as balancing girl/boy ratio, age ratio, risk factors, etc. There is no enrollment guarantee, as preschool is currently an optional program.
- Out-of-district applicants will be placed on a waiting list and notified in August if there is space available.
- Your child must be 3 or 4 by September 1st and must be fully potty trained.
- Please check out important information about our Preschool program on our website.
You will need to fill out a registration/application on the school district website at:
We will notify in-district preschoolers of their enrollment status by the end of April.
For more information, call 685-2227 / or email email@example.com
Kindergarten Registration for the 2022/23 School Year Opens March 1, 2022
- Our Kindergarten meets Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-2:50 PM.
- Kindergarten students must be 5 years old by September 1.
- A Birth Certificate and Immunization Record needed to complete registration.
- Current UPE Preschool students DO NOT need to reapply.
- Please use the 22/23 link (opening March 1) to register for next year: https://mssd14.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=57448&pageId=901068
- We are happy to consider out of district choice students on a space available basis.
Kindergarten students recently wrote about what they would do if they were president!
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE for LANDSHARKS RUNNING CLUB
Financial Assistance is being offered through Every Kid Sports.
Please click on this link to complete the application process.
Registration for the 2022 Spring Track Season will be available from February 10-March 25th.
No late registrations will be accepted.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
We will continue to offer after school care at Manitou Springs Elementary and provide transportation from Ute Pass to the site. Champions is responsible for our after school program. The program will go from 3-6PM, Monday-Friday.
Tech Corner: Common iPad Problems and Solutions:
Problem: App not working
- Solution: Make sure the app is updated (go to the app catalog and reinstall the app,this will update it)
- Problem: iPad is freezing/slow
- Solution: Do a "hard restart" (hold home and lock buttons at the same time and keep holding until you see the apple appear on the screen)
- Problem: Can't access websites
- Solution: Log through the content filter (lsaccess.me/login)/if you have already logged through the filter, try clearing the cache in your settings (settings->Safari->clear history and websites)
If you have any questions regarding technology issues please contact our Media Tech, Kolt Woofter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK BELOW FOR LUNCH MENU
This is where you find the latest information about our school community.