NUAMES Counseling Center News
IN THIS ISSUE:
We are officially less than one month away from Graduation! Here are a few dates and details I want you to be aware of as we finish this year strong! Please make sure you are passing your classes, completing all credit, and citizenship recovery by May 1st so you are on track to graduate! You will be receiving a lot of information over the course of the next few weeks so please make sure that you are tuned in and reading your emails and announcements!
May 2nd - College Decision Day
Come celebrate your COLLEGE DECISION DAY! Every decision is a celebration!
- Davis Campus - D3 Ballroom during LUNCH. Come have PIZZA and sign a pennant for where you plan to go! Earn a Seminar credit for uploading your selfie to our Instagram!
- North Campus - MANDATORY Senior Decision Day Seminar in Lind Lecture Hall 126. You can attend either at Lunch 11:15-11:45 OR after school 3:15-3:45.
SENIOR AWARDS BREAKFAST
Senior Awards Breakfast Details
Come join us to celebrate your years at NUAMES! Every senior will receive an award. Here are some of the big items we'll share:
- Teacher Awards
- Scholarships Recognition
- Announcement of Valedictorian and Salutatorian
- Yearbook Distribution after event (SENIORS ONLY)
Davis Campus Sophomore and Junior Awards Assembly May 24
Other Davis Campus Events for 10th and 11th Grades
Seeking Students for Multicultural Club!
FIRST MEETING MAY 16 3:10 in Art Room D3-313
Everyone is welcome!
Graduation Practice DAVIS Campus - May 19
- Graduation practice will begin promptly at 3:00 pm. Seniors, please make sure you arrive on time. There is much to cover in a short time span
- Graduates will need to gather on the west side of the Dee Events Center at the tunnel and be ready to start practice at 3:00 pm. There will be another graduation practice letting out at this time and you will need to work through the crowd to the tunnel on the west side of the Dee Events Center
- Graduation practice will last roughly an hour and a half
Graduation Practice at NORTH Campus - May 19
- Graduation Practice is on May 19th - Students will be excused at 12:00 from classes and then Practice is at Dee Event Center starting at 12:45pm - 2:00pm.
- Our Performers for graduation will be at 12:00-1:00pm
- After that, our students will have a "Yearbook Party" back at the NUAMES North Campus. Students will get their yearbooks and have a "signing party"
GRADUATION MAY 20, 2022
Ceremonies Take Place at Weber State Dee Events Center
- North Campus Graduation at 10:00 AM
- Seniors must arrive in cap and gown by 9:30 AM
- Davis Campus Graduation at 1:00 PM
- Seniors must arrive in cap and gown by 12:30 PM
More Graduation Information
- This year there are no tickets for graduation, so please feel free to bring all your family and friends to celebrate this graduation day with you!
- Please remember students are not allowed to decorate their graduation caps. If you decorate them you will not be able to wear them on graduation day!! NO EXCEPTIONS!
GRADUATION DRESS CODE:
- Graduates are not allowed to decorate their caps. Academic cords are the only cords allowed to be worn during the ceremony. Candy or money leis, etc. are not allowed during the ceremony, but may be worn after
- School dress code is required for graduation and gowns need to be fully zipped. You are expected to dress and act as a dignified NUAMES student
END OF YEAR INFORMATION
Seal of Biliteracy Applications Due May 1
If you are fluent in two languages, you can talk to your counselor about whether you are eligible for a SEAL OF BILITERACY. This is a seal that goes on your diploma showing you are certified to be proficient in TWO LANGUAGES.
You have to USE TEST SCORES to verify you are proficient in ENGLISH and another language.
Applications are DUE May 1 - See Counselor to get the application and testing details
NUAMES Graduation Checklist
- Verify with your School Counselor that you've completed ALL required credits for graduation, including CREDIT RECOVERY, by May 2 (see NUAMES Graduation Requirements page for more info)
- Verify that you are passing all current classes by May 9
- Pay all outstanding fees
- Work off and pay for all U's in citizenship
- Return books and any borrowed devices
- Complete 6 Seminar assignments during the school year in Canvas (2 MANDATORY and 4 others of your choosing)
- Complete Senior Exit Survey at LINK
- Complete a Capstone Project and Presentation
Need a NUAMES High School Transcript Sent?
- Go to the https://www.nuames.org website
- Select Quick Links
- Select Transcript Request
- Complete appropriate form on Parchment website
You may need to request a COLLEGE transcript directly from Weber State or other colleges for your CE credits to be sent to your future college.
SENIOR DATES AT DAVIS CAMPUS TO PREPARE FOR:
- May 2: Credit Recovery Deadline
- May 2: College Decision Day
- May 6: Deadline to order/pay for National Honor Society Medallion in Main Office
- May 9: Seniors must be passing all current classes
- May 16: Cap and Gown Pickup 9:00-3:00 D3 Ballroom
- May 19: Senior Awards Breakfast at D3 Ballroom 9:00-10:00 AM
- May 19: Yearbook Distribution for Seniors 10:00-11:00 AM
- May 19: Graduation Practice at Dee Events Center 3:00 PM
- May 20 1:00 PM: Graduation
SENIOR DATES AT NORTH CAMPUS TO PREPARE FOR:
MAY 2ND - MANDATORY SENIOR SEMINAR IN LIND LECTURE 126 - DECISION DAY, GRADUATION DETAILS AND EXIT SURVEY!!
Here is the link to the Senior Exit Survey. Please take a minute and let us know which school you are headed to next and how much money you received in scholarships!!!!!!!!!!!
MAY 2ND - DEADLINE FOR ALL CREDIT RECOVERY AND CITIZENSHIP CREDIT MAKEUP
MAY 9TH - MAY 13TH - SENIOR WEEK (See detailed events below)
MAY 16TH - CAP AND GOWN DISTRIBUTION **All Fees must be paid and be on track to graduate to pick up!**
MARCH 19TH - GRADUATION PRACTICE @ DEE EVENT CENTER 1:00-2:00PM **This is Mandatory*
MARCH 19TH - YEARBOOK SIGNING PARTY FOR SENIORS **After Graduation Practice (Grass area behind office or LL 126 if inclement weather)
MARCH 20TH - CLASS OF 2022 GRADUATION 10:00AM @ Dee Events Center **Seniors need to arrive by 9:30am to sign up dressed in cap and gown!
NORTH CAMPUS SENIOR WEEK
MAY 9TH - SENIOR BREAKFAST - 7:00AM LIND LECTURE
MAY 10TH - SENIOR BOWLING ACTIVITY - 3:00-5:00PM SHEPHERD UNION
MAY 11TH - SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT - 6:00PM ELIZABETH HALL AUDITORIUM #229
MAY 12TH - SENIOR MOVIE NIGHT - 8:00PM ON THE HILL BEHIND M-15
MAY 14TH (SATURDAY ) - SENIOR COTILLION - 7:00-9:30 PM SHEPHERD UNION BUILDING BALLROOM B