The LaCrosse Play-by-Play
News from Mrs. LaCrosse's 2nd Grade Classroom
I hope you had a wonderful week! I enjoyed seeing you at conferences and the musical. :)
I was out of the building Wednesday through Friday, as my daughter was ill. Luckily, I was able to have Mrs. Anita Karr substitute for all three days. She is wonderful, and Mrs. Micek was an amazing help as well!
Your child may be talking about our increased use of Wixie in the classroom. Please encourage your child to log on to both Wixie and IXL at home.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a wonderful weekend!
Please ask your child:
- Did you take any AR tests this week? How did you do?
- What did you read about this week during reading?
- What did you learn about folktales? Give me an example of a folktale. What are some characteristics of folktales?
- You are doing science writing. What are important parts of writing a lab report?
- What is a hypothesis?
- Tell me about some experiments you've done. How have you written them up?
- Show me four different way to make $1.00.
- What coins can I use to make (43) cents?
- Draw a clock for me. Show me (different times to the hour, half hour, and five minutes, etc. 3:30, 5:00, 6:10).
Please encourage your child's use of IXL at home to support the learning at school!
The Week Ahead...
NO SCHOOL Friday--teacher institute day!