Welcome to Kindergarten!
We are so excited to have each one of your children in our classes this year! This is going to be a year of new beginnings and lots of learning. We have already started our new learning in Reading, Writing, Math and Social Studies. We can't wait to start our first Science unit in October. Yay! To help keep you informed about what is going on in Kindergarten this year, we will be publishing a monthly newsletter telling you what we learned, how you can help at home and any events or important information we need to get out to you. We are all extremely excited and thrilled to be partnering with you and helping your child to grow academically and socially.
The Kindergarten Team
How can you help at home!?!?
Here are some ways you can work at home:
- use shaving cream to help your child spell their name
- use magnetic letters from the dollar store to help recognize letters and sounds
- read with your child as much as possible
- use magnetic numbers from the dollar store to help with number recognition
- count with your child daily
- count toys, food, cereal bites, etc.
- practice sorting (toys, socks, legos, cereal, noodles, fruit snacks)
- sing the ABC song with your child
- on Youtube: any Jack Hartman song, Harry Kindergarten song or Dr. Jean song
A few Reminders!
Remind login: 81010
Mr. Mercer: @mrmercersk
Ms. Demar: @Ldemar1
Mrs. Snively: @KSniv
Mrs. Bell: @mrsbellsrs
Mrs. Ramsburg: @ramsburg18
- Please remember to send in a change of clothes for your child
- As the weather gets chillier, please remember to dress your child appropriately for outside recess
- Check your child's folder daily for notes from us and please return it the next day.