Endangered and Extinct
The Desert Rat Kangaroo Extinction
- Deemed extinct in 1991.
- Located in central Australia.
- Human introduced predators helped cause extinction.
- Herbivore and bug eater.
- Disappearance led to decrease in food for predators.
- Caloprymnus campestris .
- Phataginus tricuspis
- The largest threat is humans killing them for their meat.
- The Pangolin eats insects.
- The animal serves as a way to limit insect population.
Brown Bear/Grizzly Bear
- Poaching from humans.
- The highest predator in its habitat.
- The population of mid-level animals would increase.
- Killing brown bears was made illegal.
Great Barrier Reef
- A natural threat would be overpopulation of fish taking any nutrients needed to support the reef.
- Water degradation caused by fossil fuels is causing parts of the reef to die.
-Australia needs to better monitor what goes in their water, and what condition it is in.