Mrs. Tax's Kindergarten Class
Week of December 13, 2015
News and Events
- Wednesday, December 16: Penguin Patch Holiday Shoppe 9:45-10:10
- Thursday, December 17: Winter Concert (grades 1-5 participating) 6:00-8:00pm
- Friday, December 18: Class Holiday Party 1:30-2:30
- Monday, January 4: First Day of School after Winter Break
Gingerbread Man Stories
We have had fun reading lots of different versions of the Gingerbread Man. After each reading, we discuss similarities and differences between the books. This week, students will pick their favorite story, and draw and write about it. We also created a bulletin board! The fun will continue at our Holiday Celebration on Friday!
Volunteer Appreciation and Opportunities
- Thank you in advance to the families coming in to help us celebrate before the holiday break. We can't wait!
- Volunteers are needed for the Penguin Patch Holiday Shoppe. This new idea from the PTO is designed to be a fun opportunity for students to buy small items for their family. Parents are needed to help run the shop. Here is the sign-up sheet:
- We have finished Unit 1 in Fundations and will finish assessing the students this week.
- We visit the library every Thursday afternoon. If your child does not bring their library book back, they are not able to check out a book from the shelves. Last week, slips went home to let you know if your child still has library books checked out. Ms. Albach doesn't like anyone to go away empty handed and always has a selection of books that have been taken out of circulation and are available to take even if you forgot to return your library book.
- This Friday, the Center for Diversity and the JCC will be coming for another in-house field trip. They will teach the kindergarten classes about many different celebrations around the world.
- This past Thursday was the Storytelling Festival. We spent the whole day traveling around the school, listening to stories and interacting with the storytellers. Below are some pictures from this special day.