EC PTA Newsletter
November 2019 Updates!
Fall Book Fair: November 18-26, 2019
We are excited to announce our fall Scholastic Book Fair from November 18th - 26th:
- November 18-22 for classroom shopping
- November 21 and 22 for families during Fruit with Families Breakfast
- November 25 and 26 during parent-teacher conferences
A lot of new and exciting titles will be available. If something is sold out or not available, there is an online store that will be provided at the sale.
Click here to learn more>
Scholastic eWallet was a huge success last school year and it is back again! Parents can create eWallet accounts at home for students to shop at the Fair. The eWallet allows students to leave the cash and checks at home. Click here to go to the e-Wallet!
Joe Corbi's Fundraiser!
Click here to learn more
Setup Your Participant Account!
Go to www.joecorbi.com and click
LOGIN (top of page)
USE ORGANIZATION #9096
Give relatives and friends your six digit participant code to order online!
Our EC School Store is ready for shoppers!
The school store will be open every Wednesday from now till Christmas! (Except 11/27) The store will carry a wide variety of items suitable for all ages, including, pens, pencils, erasers, key chains, posters, and more! As well as a few spirit items, our Wildcat headbands and Custom OJR Pura Vida bracelets.
Grades K-3 and 4-6 will rotate as follows:
- Grades K-3 can shop 11/13, 12/4, 12/18, 1/8, 1/22
- Grades 4-6 can shop 11/20, 12/11, 12/19 (Thurs), 1/15, 1/29
1, 2, 3, 4….. We Declare A Penny War!
December 9th - December 20th
All Grade Competition!
Collect pennies and bills of any amount in your grade's bucket. All pennies and bills will add to your grade's total score. Place any silver coins in another grade's bucket and these will get subtracted from their total!
1 penny = 1 point
1 nickel = -5 points
1 dime = -10 points
1 quarter = -25 points
1 dollar = 100 points
5 dollars = 500 points
And so on...
Highest scoring grade gets a Holiday Hot Chocolate and Cookie Party in January!
Proceeds will help EC PTA sponsor spring family social events.
EC PTA Family Movie Night!
December 18, 2019
Let the chaos of the Holidays drift away and join us for a fun Holiday movie night at EC, Rise of the Guardians. A fun-filled magical story (computer animated) about the legendary guardians, Santa Claus, Jack Frost, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and Sandman as they come together to help protect the hopes and dreams of the world's children!
Snuggle in with your kiddos OR drop them off for $5/kid and finish your shopping/wrapping!
Click here to learn more >
Currently we have 13 parents signed up for Shoparoo and are close to getting $50 of FREE money! Imagine what we could raise if we got 50 parents signed up! With certain events needing only $200-300, this could fund one of our events without ever spending any money.
Hassle-Free Fundraising! Turn your shopping receipts into donations for your school. It's that simple. Download the Shoparoo App and select East Coventry PTA as your school of choice. Every time you shop, login to the app and take a photo of your receipt. Each receipt counts as points or raffle drawings (based on your spending). Points are accumulated and turned into cash for the PTA!
EC PTA Amazon WishList!
(and while you're at it - you can add ECPTA as your designated charity on Smile!)
ECPTA provides all our own paper for any communications that go out to our students. We're looking to build up a stock of colored papers for all our flyers! Any brand - any color will do! (as long as it's printer paper!)
Free Money For EC!
We are still collecting physical boxtops as well so don't throw them away!
Box Tops is Going Digital!
Box Tops is changing to fit today's families. The new and improved Box Tops mobile app uses state-of-the-art technology to scan your store receipt, find participating products and instantly add Box Tops to your school's earnings online.
- MORE CONVENIENT - Redeem anywhere, anytime within 14 days of purchase
- REAL TIME - Your school’s earnings are automatically updated online
- EXTRA CASH - Access special bonus offers on top of your Box Tops earnings
- EASY TO USE - No more clipping or sending Box Tops to school
- Register your Giant Food Stores Reward Card online or sign in to your account.
- Select East Coventry Elementary.
- Selected school earns money from your qualified purchases during the program year.
- All funds go directly to the school (not ECPTA budget).
Check out the EC PTA Website!
Click Below for Information on OJRSD Volunteering Clearances:
Volunteering Information, Clearances & Procedures
2019-2020 East Coventry PTA Events
- November 4-22 - Joe Corbi's Fundraiser
- November 12, 2019 - General EC PTA Meeting (All Welcome)
- November 18-26 - Fall Book Fair
- December 9-20 - Penny Wars!
- December 10, 2019 - General EC PTA Meeting (All Welcome) Dr. Lloyd will be joining us to provide updates on the Delayed Start options.
- December 18, 2019 - Movie Night
- January 14, 2020 - General EC PTA Meeting (All Welcome)
- January 24, 2020 (Snow Date January 31, 2020) - Pizza Bingo & Basket Raffle
- February 11, 2020 - General EC PTA Meeting (All Welcome)
- February 21, 2020 (Snow Date February 28, 2020) - Someone Special Dance
- March 2-13, 2020 - Read-A-Thon
- March 10, 2020 - General EC PTA Meeting (All Welcome)
- March 16, 2020 - School Assembly - Wacky Science
- March 19, 2020 - Talent Show
- April 3, 2020 - 5/6th Grade Social
- April 14, 2020 - General EC PTA Meeting (All Welcome)
- May 1, 2020 - Ice Cream Social & Art Show
- May 12, 2020 - General EC PTA Meeting (All Welcome)
- May 21, 2020 (Rain Date May 29, 2020) - Field Day
PTA General Meeting
Tuesday, Nov. 12th, 7pm
East Coventry Elementary School
Dr. Lloyd will be joining us at the December 10th PTA meeting at 7PM to provide updates on the Delayed Start options.
President - Betsy Iannarino
1st Vice President - Cara Burrell
2nd Vice President - Jenniffer Colon
Treasurer - Nikki Young
Secretary - Kelly Walker
Questions? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org