1st Grade Newsletter
Miss Fore's Class
Week of September 8th
- Author of the Month - Kevin Henkes
- Community building activities
- Story elements/story maps
We will discuss what writers write about, and collect ideas for our own writing.
Math: Tx Go Math! Unit 1
Tx Go Math! is a cumulative math curriculum that will be used in all First Grade classes at West University Elementary. We will start doing Unit 1 Module 4 which is Addition Concepts. This week we will be starting with:
- 4.7: Compose 10
- 5.1: Use Pictures to Show Taking From (Subtraction)
Science/Social Studies: Students will learn about senses and science safety.
September 17th - Picture Day
September 18th - Boo Bash T-Shirt Day
September 23rd - Fall Holiday (No School)
Wednesday: Computer 1
Thursday: Math Lab 1
First Bell: 7:35 am
Tardy Bell: 7:45 am
Recess: 10:30 am
Lunch: 12:15 pm
Ancillary: 1:05 pm
Dismissal: 3:00 pm
Reminders for Students
- Students may bring a water bottle to school with a sports or no-spill top.
- Please send students with a healthy snack that will not need utensils (finger food).
- My room can be chilly, so you may want to send a light jacket.
Reminders for Parents
- Our Scholastic class code for ordering online is MMH4C.
- You may receive reminder texts for our class by texting "@e76c28" to the number 81010.