Thompson Friday Forecast
May 17, 2019
From the Principal...Steve Morrill
There is no School for Students on Monday, May 27, 2019. Enjoy your Memorial Day!
MAY AT THOMPSON
As we move ever closer to the end of the school year, there are a few topics that come to mind immediately.
- Clothing: Keeping it modest allows students to keep their focus on learning.
- 5th graders from our feeder schools enthusiastically toured Thompson over the past two weeks. It is great to see our future Thunder students! We cannot wait to get their eagerness and energy with us full time in the fall.
- 6th and 7th graders will have the opportunity to spend time together in the 6th grade building. This intentional transition activity is designed to help our students grow their community as we enter into the 2019-2020 school year. Specially this time will allow (1) 7th grade students to see the building and make connections with staff, (2) 6th grade students to meet 7th grade staff, and (3) all students to meet. Originally scheduled for today, this event has been moved to next week due to the weather.
- Transitions: As we wind down the year, we are aware that, for some students, there is nervousness about the next year’s expectations. Talk openly to your children. Please contact us if you feel support is needed for your student.
- Finishing Strong: We need to work together to keep our students engaged and focused until June 7th. Student learning and engagement is the daily goal.
Enjoy your weekend!
Sign up for Summer Camps!
D303 offers a variety of summer school, athletic and music camp opportunities at our schools. Join us for these fun activities and meet new friends! Summer sports camps offered at Thompson Middle School include:
Girls and Boys Basketball - July 15-19
- 5th-6th Grade Boys - 9:00 - 10:30 am
- 7th-8th Grade Boys - 10:45 am - 12:15 pm
- 6th-8th Grade Girls - 12:30 - 2:00 pm
Girls Volleyball - August 5-9
- 7th Grade - 8:00 - 9:30 am
- 5th-6th Grade - 9:30 - 11:00 am
- 8th Grade - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Football - August 5-9
- 6th-8th Grade - 8:00 - 10:00 am
Girls and Boys Cross Country - August 5-9
- 6th-8th Grade - 8:00 - 9:30 am
Cheerleading - August 5-9
- 6th-8th Grade - 2:15 - 3:45 pm
The cost is $70 per child and includes a T-shirt. These camps are a great way to learn new skills, make new friends, meet the coaches, and have fun!
Online Check, Credit Card, and Debit Card payments now being accepted. Please visit d303.org and click on the PushCoin Web Store
Also, visit our Summer School & Camps page to view brochures that provide detailed information on the various offerings and grade levels served for each offering at each school. Summer camp brochures are also linked to this Friday Forecast. Registration can be completed by visiting PushCoin or returning the forms to the main offices.
New - Box Tops for Education App!
If you have or see Box Tops products where you can clip the Box Top - please continue to do so. They will continue to honor all clipped Box Tops until they completely expire. So continue to turn in what you have.
8th Grade Language Arts Project
NOTES FROM THE NURSE
Do not forget to pick up all medications by the last day of school. Those medicines not picked up by an adult by June 7th by 3:45 pm will be disposed of. No medication will be released to students unless a previously signed self-administration form is on file (Epi Pens or inhalers). All medication orders must be renewed each school year. Forms are available on the district web site under “Parents”, then “forms” or by contacting the health office.
The health offices are closed during the summer months. I will return for limited hours beginning in August. Please contact me if there are new medical concerns for your child. Appointments for the required 6th grade and 9th grade physicals tend to fill up quickly and should be scheduled now! Please turn in paperwork as it is completed. Physicals are required to be submitted for review prior to the first day of school.
Have a healthy summer!
Diane Isbrandt RN, M.Ed.
Professional Educator License-School Nurse
Thompson Middle School - 331-228-3404-6th grade, 331-228-3104-7/8th grade building
EIGHTH GRADE PARENT SURVIVAL NIGHT
Parents of future Saints are invited to attend an informal question and answer session on Wednesday, May 22nd at St. Charles East High. A panel of current students and parents will be available to help prepare you for the upcoming school year. The evening will begin at 7:00 pm in the Norris Cultural Arts Center (Door 43).
School Tool Box
Please use this link to place your order.
FICTION ON THE FOX
Join us for Fiction on the Fox, a special evening celebrating creative writers in grades 6-12 tonight, May 17th at the Baker Community Center in St. Charles from 5:00 – 7:45 pm. Our creative writing club, Thompson Types, sponsors the event; it is truly a student led and organized event that showcases students at their best!
Dates to Remember
- Friday, May 17 - Fiction on the Fox - 5:00 - 7:45 pm, Baker Community Center
- Friday, May 24 - Last day for 19-20 Early Bird Registration Fees
- Monday, May 27 - Memorial Day Holiday
- Friday, June 7 - Last Day of School
- Friday, June 7 - Pick up all school medications from Health Offices no later than 3:45 pm
- Tuesday, August 6 - Material Pick up Day 2:00 - 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 7 - Material Pick up Day 2:00 - 7:00 pm
- Friday, August 9 - Optional 6th Grade Student Orientation - AM (Time TBD)
- Wednesday, August 14 - First Day of School
- Wednesday, August 21 - School Pictures/IDs taken during the school day
Thompson Middle School
Mrs. Sarah Cann - Assistant Principal
Mr. Shane Darnell - Assistant Principal
Dr. Alicia Honnert - Assistant Principal
Mrs. Kristy McKnight - Assistant Principal