We're Off to a Great Start!
Wednesday, September 13, 2023
As we delve into the fourth week of this school year, (I know that's hard to believe!), I want to thank our students, parents, and staff for the smooth transition back! We were also excited to welcome our kindergartners last Tuesday. It’s so great to see our newest Wildcats (Mrs. Mahilo's kindergarten class pictured left) and their excitement as they begin their first year of school!
I would also like to thank all those who participated, organized, and helped fund our very special events at last Friday's football game. Prior to the game, we held a dedication ceremony for a POW/MIA chair, complete with a motorcycle procession and 21-gun salute. We were also excited to highlight our new band pavilion!
Mobile Dentists Coming to Keystone!
Partnering with the Smiles Program, Keystone students have the opportunity to utilize mobile dentistry services. State licensed dentists will come to our campus during school hours on October 2 and 4 for KES/KMS students and October 5 and 6 for KHS students. SIGN UP BY SEPTEMBER 18!
In most cases, there is no cost to you if your child is insured with Medicaid or CHIP! Private insurance and affordable self-pay options are also available.
- Complete Oral Exam, Cleaning, Fluoride, Sealants, X-Rays, Fillings, Pulpotomies (Treatment of the nerve inside of a baby tooth), Simple Extractions, Oral Health Education, Dental Report Card to Schedule Follow-Up Visits with the Mobile Dentist.
With questions or to obtain additional information, contact our School Social Worker Sarah McCall at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 440-355-2400.
How Do I Reset My Username & Password on PowerSchool?
Recover PowerSchool Parent Account Username
- Click the “Forgot Username or Password” link at the bottom of the Sign In Page
- Click the “Forgot Username?” tab and enter the email address associated with your
- PowerSchool Parent account in the email box.
- An email will be sent to that address with your PowerSchool Parent Account Username.
Recover PowerSchool Parent Account Password
- Click the “Forgot Username or Password” link at the bottom of the Sign in Page.
- Click the “Forgot Password?” tab and enter the email address associated with your
- PowerSchool Parent account in the corresponding boxes.
- An email will be sent to that address with a link to reset your password.
When Will My Child's Lunch Account Update?
When you are using PayForIt.net, the updating of your child’s meal account is dependent on the time the funds are submitted. Therefore, the best time to add money online would be after 3pm the prior day through 9am on the day you want the funds posted. PayForIt does not update funds in your child’s account during the lunch times of 10am-2pm. The funds will be available after 2pm on the day the payment is submitted. Additionally, if the internet is down or offline due to any reason, same-day payments will not be available in your child’s account.
Should either of these instances occur, you can use the following options:
1. Send your child with cash or a check; there is no additional fee.
2. Students can charge up to five breakfasts and lunches, equaling,
- $23.25 at KES
- $24.25 at KMS and KHS
3. The student is not turned down for school breakfast or lunch.
4. However, the charging of meals does NOT apply to a-la-carte items, such as snacks or drinks other than the milk provided with the school meal.
*Please note, when transactions are processed through PayForIt, a percentage based Internet Convenience Fee (ICF) or a flat Transaction Fee (or both) may be assessed to each transaction. See their website for more information; however there are no fees when you send cash or checks with your child.
What's Going on with the School Zone Lights?
KeyCare Registration Open Year-Round
KeyCare will be available for KEYSTONE ELEMENTARY STUDENTS from 6:30 – 8:50 A.M. AND 3:30 – 6:00 P.M., and for KEYSTONE MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS from 6:30 – 7:40 A.M. and 2:40 – 6:00 P.M. The purpose of Key Care is to provide a safe and enjoyable child care environment for our students under the supervision of qualified staff. The direct telephone number to KEYCARE IS 440-355-2324.
Access the registration packet @ https://www.keystonelocalschools.org/parents/files/documents/Key%20Care%20Documents/KEYCARE%20PACKET%201.pdf
Thank you to all our staff, students, parents, and volunteers who helped make this a great start to our 2023-24 school year!