Cottage Hill Staff Newsletter
Principal Newsletter April 30, 2023
Week at a Glance
5/1-5/5 Wonder Ground Science
5/2-5/4 3rd-5th CAASP ELA Testing
5/1 4th Grade Farm Field Trip Ms. Armstrong and Ms. Mack
5/5 Dance with Cubby in the Quad before school before school
On the Horizon
- May is State/CAASPP Testing for Grades 3-5
- Testing will occur during the first two weeks in May on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8 am - 9:30 am. Where possible, please do not schedule appointments during these days/times.
State Testing Starts this Week!
How Parents Can Help
- Ensure your student is at school and arrives on time on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Our schoolwide testing block - quiet zone is from 8:00 am - 9:30 am on those days.
- Make sure your child gets a good night's sleep and a nutritious breakfast before testing.
A Parent Guide to Understanding - State Testing
CA Dept of Education Parent Guide is Available for Download
Scholastic Book Fair
Get ready! The Scholastic Book Fair is coming our way (YAY!). Choosing their own books empowers kids and inspires them to become Bolder, Prouder, and Stronger Readers. AND…as always, every book they buy earns rewards for our school.
Book Fair Dates: 05/08/23- 05/11/23 at the Cottage Hill Library
Book Fair will be open for one hour after school from 2:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. Mon-Thurs
The Fair will also be open before and after Open House Thursday, 5/11from 5:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
eWallet—your child’s digital payment account. Before the Fair, set up eWallet for worry-free, cash-free purchases. *NO kid credit cards
- Cottage Hill Book Fair homepage https://www.scholastic.com/bf/chill