Helping students to become better citizens!
Shout Out Box
Please remember to shout out to students and staff alike.
Each team has a different color for their shout outs- Engagement Team will be recognizing students. Starting Monday October 2 we will call the name of one student from each team to come and receive something from Jason's office. Snack, flavored water or candy bar.
The other shout outs will be put on the board outside of the copy room for everyone to read.
If goals need to be adjusted to fit this setting make sure there is documentation to support it, along with a meeting if necessary.
Please remember to include the team members on your students' IEPs so they can participate- including nursing, OT , PT, SLP, BVI, DHH, DAPE, VRS, Work coordinators etc.
Make sure the appropriate staff is invited to the IEP meetings, they can determine whether they need to attend or not.
New Technology on its way!
I heard on Friday we will be getting the additional technology from the district. We will be getting 140 Chrome Books that have touch screen technology.
Please fill out this form to indicate what your technology needs are. We will be collecting all of the Chromebooks on Friday September 29th so we can work on redistribution the following Monday.
Staff Attendance Incentive
Keep up the great attendance as this does two things-
- It models for our students what responsible work behavior looks like
- It helps all staff to be able to do the job they need to do so we aren't spread even thinner than we currently are.
Daphne would like everyone's assistance with collecting the following items for victims of Hurricane in Texas:
- canned fruit and vegetables, jelly, honey, mayo, sandwich spread, peanut butter, spaghetti, tomato paste and sauce, canned chicken and tuna, sardines, vienna sausage, spam, green beans, corn, crackers, cookies, chili, instant soup, granola bars, multi-vitamins, microwave ovens, freezers or monetary donations.
The dates for donating items are Sept 26 thru Oct 30. We can send all at once or every 2 weeks.
Thanks in advance for your donations and support.
Anything and Everything you do is much appreciated!!!!
T-Shirt Designs needed
- Designs should be submitted by September 29th end of the day.
- On Monday October 2nd we will have a vote to decide what design we will use
- We need at least 2-3 people willing to be a committee to roll this out- they will determine the cost and selection and share with the staff
- Once the design is selected and cost is determined- we will take pre-orders from staff and student
Thanks for All You Do!
Thank you to everyone who has been pitching in and helping out even in areas they are not typically in.
I will be hosting a non-alcoholic Happy Hour in the staff lounge on Tuesday September 26th between 3-4. All staff that need to catch their buses please stop in and take something for the ride home or a snack once you get home.
All other staff are welcome to join in the lounge after the buses have left at 3:20.