LCMS Weekly Newsletter
By Tami Gunset
We will begin 8th grade math and reading and 7th grade writing tutoring very soon, so be on the look out for a letter to be sent home. Please be in contact with your child's teacher if you have any concerns.
January Pirates of the Month
District Wide Science Fair.....was a SUCCESS!
2016-2017 Schedule Request for 8th graders (Freshman Schedule for LCHS)
At 6:00 pm on January 25, a parent informational meeting will be held regarding requesting courses and the different tracks pertaining to House Bill 5. I would highly encourage each parent to attend as they will cover questions you will have about your child's freshman schedule.
Schedule requests will need to be entered into Career Cruising by January 29. This is something that you and your child should complete at home once you have received all the information. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Reserve Your Pirate Star Yearbook Today!!
Yearbook orders are being taken now! There are two ways to order your copy!
1. Go online to www.balfour.com and type in Lubbock-Cooper Middle School and click on the yearbook to order online by March 25.
2. Turn in this form with your money to Mrs. Brown room 23 (science) by April 8.
*Online sales will end March 25 and order forms need to be turned into Mrs. Brown by April 8 to ensure you get a copy of the amazing Pirate Star Yearbook.
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS UNIQUE LEARNING OPPORTUNITY
Next Two Weeks Calendar Events
- Week of January 18 - 8th Math, 8th Reading and 7th Writing
- Thursday, January 21 - Girls Basketball vs LBMS @ LBMS (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Thursday, January 21 - Boys Basketball vs LBMS @ LCHS (6:00pm/7:00pm)
- Monday, January 25 - 8th grade to PAC for HS Schedule Request (9:00am)
- Monday, Janaury 25 - 8th grade Parent Meeting for HS Scheduling @ PAC (6pm)
- Monday, January 25 - Girls Basketball vs Evans @ Evans (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Monday, January 25 - Boys Basketball vs Evans @ LCHS (6:00pm/7:00pm)
- Thursday, January 28 - School Board Meeting @ North Elementary (7:00pm)
- Friday, Janaury 28 - Hat, iPod and Holey Jean Day ($1 for each item)
- Friday, January 29 - 8th grade Schedule Request DUE online
- Saturday, January 30 - MS and HS UIL Solo/Ensemble @ Frenship (All Day)
2016 STAAR DATES
- 8th grade Mathematics
- 7th grade Writing
Wednesday, March 30
- 8th grade Reading
Week of May 2-6
- 8th grade Algebra EOC Assessment Window
Monday, May 9
- 6th grade Mathematics
- 7th grade Mathematics
- 8th grade Mathematics ~ Second Administration (those that did not pass in March)
Tuesday, May 10
- 6th grade Reading
- 7th grade Reading
- 8th grade Reading ~ Second Administration (those that did not pass in March)
Wednesday, May 11
- 8th grade Science
Thursday, May 12
- 8th grade Social Studies
Friday, May 13
- STAAR Make-up DEADLINE
Tuesday, June 21
- 8th grade Mathematics ~ Third Administration (those that did not pass in May)
Wednesday, June 22
- 8th grade Reading ~ Third Administration (those that did not pass in May)
Attendance Reminders for LCMS:
- School begins at 8:00 AM.
- First bell rings at 7:55 AM.
- Tardy bell rings at 8:00 AM.
- Any arrivals after 8:20 AM are counted as an absence for 1st/9th period.
- If your student is ill, please call in by 10:00 AM. The attendance line phone number is (806) 863-7184 (Sally Aguilar) – it is important to call the attendance line rather than the main line to report an absence.
- Students are allowed up to seven days excused with a parent phone call or parent note.
- After a student's seventh absence, a doctor’s note is required.
- Students are allowed one personal day per year (counted as an excused absence.) Written notice must be approved by campus principal three days prior to the absence. Please keep in mind that the personal day must be taken before the student's seventh absence.
| || |
Parent Orgnization Facebook