May 13, 2021
IN THIS ISSUE
- M.A.R.C.H. REWARDS
- END OF YEAR CONCERT INFO
- LOCKER CLEAN-OUT AND INSTRUMENT DROP-OFF
- UPCOMING STUDENT MUSIC WORKSHOP IN ALPHARETTA
- BOYS SCOUTS AND THE BAND
- EASY FUNDRAISING WITH KROGER
Tuesday, 5/18.........Concert Band Rehearsal @ 4:00 PM-5:00 PM
Tuesday, 5/18.........CONCERT / Symphonic Band, Percussion Ensemble and Jazz Band...
.................................@ 7:00 PM in RHS Auditorium
Thursday, 5/20........CONCERT / Wind Ensemble and Concert Band...@ 7:00 PM in RHS Auditorium
Friday, 5/21..............Instrument Return
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING STUDENTS FOR EARNING REWARDS FOR M.A.R.C.H.
SHOPPING TRIP WITH MR. LONG
CHOOSES A PIECE MUSIC FOR A CONCERT
PIES A DIRECTOR
3 FREE TRIP TO THE CONCESSIONS STAND
Carlo Dal Cerro
TOGETHER, WE RAISED $11,000 FOR THE BAND PROGRAM! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED!
END OF YEAR CONCERTS
If your student has a RHS Band music stand at home, please be sure to bring it back to the school the night of the concert.
ALL SENIORS ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND THEIR CLASSROOM REHEARSALS ON WEDNESDAY MAY 19 AND THURSDAY MAY 20 TO PREPARE FOR THE CONCERTS.
Every student will receive four tickets for family members. You will find a link below to reserve your seats for your child’s concert. There is no admission fee. Due to space limitations and social distancing guidelines, we cannot offer more tickets to this concert.
Symphonic Band, Percussion Ensemble and Jazz Band will perform on Tuesday, 5/18 starting at 7 PM. Reserve your seats here: https://roswellhsband.ludus.com/11003
Wind Ensemble and Concert Band will perform on Thursday, 5/20 starting at 7 PM.
Reserve your seats here: https://roswellhsband.ludus.com/11004
- Each ticket holder is required to wear a face-covering and have their temperature checked before entering the building. If you refuse to do either, please enjoy the concert via live stream on our YouTube and Facebook pages. Unfortunately, if your temperature runs higher than 100.3, then you and your party will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Please use the restroom before you enter the auditorium. No one will be allowed to re-enter the auditorium.
- The director will dismiss each row to a side exit near the stage.
Concert Attire for Students:
Each student should wear concert black.
Choose from the following:
- Black blouse or long sleeve collared shirt
- Black dress or skirt (with tights or leggings)
- Black chinos, slacks or dress pants
- Black suit (black pants, black jacket, black tie, black shirt)
- Black dress shoes
- 10th-12th graders: your concert uniform works as well!
All clothing must be pressed and neat.
Schedule for Symphonic Band, Percussion Ensemble and Jazz Band (5/18)
6:00 P.M.- Symphonic Band & Wind Ensemble Percussion meets in the auditorium for warm up NEW TIME
6:30 P.M.- Jazz Band Students meet in the band room for warm up
Schedule for Wind Ensemble and Concert Band (5/22)
6:00 P.M.- Concert Band meets in the auditorium for warm up
6:45 P.M. Wind Ensemble meets in the band room for warm up
LOCKER CLEAN-OUT AND INSTRUMENT DROP-OFF 5/21
Instruments must be turned in by Friday, May 21. Locker clean outs will be completed the same day. If your student has a RHS Band music stand at home, please be sure to bring it back to the school by this date! If you are participating in marching band or would like to rent a instrument over the summer, email Mr. Moon at email@example.com
UPCOMING STUDENT MUSIC WORKSHOP IN ALPHARETTA
The city of Alpharetta is hosting a student workshop in June that provides high schoolers with an opportunity to learn from top music faculty from institutions all over the country. Working with this line-up of top professionals, students will benefit from hands-on experience in rehearsal while preparing several new works. They’ll also have the opportunity to discuss contemporary performance techniques, college preparation and more with our artist faculty.
Participating students will have the opportunity to perform alongside faculty at a final concert on Sunday, June 20 (4:30-5:30 PM). Check it out! All instruments are welcome.
High School Contemporary Music Workshop with Forage & Flouris:
BOYS SCOUTS AND THE BAND
Garrett Burch is on the last step of his journey to Eagle Scout, his Eagle Scout project. He has found an incredible project that combines his two passions: Scouts and marching band! Garrett has discussed the project with Mr. Moon and has offered to build rolling music shelves to store all of the band’s sheet music at Roswell High School. It’s going to be a great addition to our band room!
This link will allow you to send him words of encouragement and funds to help him along. Thank you for supporting Garrett!
Are you helping the band when you go grocery shopping? It’s so easy, and really helps us a lot. Once you link your Card to an organization, all you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Shopper’s Card. Here’s how it works:
1. Create a digital account. (A digital account is needed to participate in Kroger Community Rewards. If you already have a digital account, simply link your Shopper’s Card to your account so that all transactions apply toward the organization you choose.)
2. Link your Card to an organization: “Roswell High School Band”
Thank you for supporting the band!