Year 10 Newsletter
Discovery College Class of 2018
This week's events
- Block 1 will be cut short this Wednesday due to the opening ceremony of the new foreshore.
- This week Friday is a CPD Day. There will be no school.
Dates for your diary
22nd May- CPD Day
25th May- No school, Buddha's Birthday
26th May- Day Zero
*1st June- Y10 Drama Performance Evening from 6:00
5th June- Y10 Ocean Park Physics Trip
8th & 9th June- Human Rights IDU Evening Presentations
11th June- Y10 EOY Formal
26th June- Last day of school
This will be updated for next week.
*date not comfirmed
- Congratulations to Yan Yau for being hugely successful in the UK Senior Mathematical Challenge! Yan Yau won a Gold Certificate, as well as being awarded for being the Best in School and Best in Year! Good job!
- A huge congratulations to Niina, who is having her design for the Arts Fest Parade selected for production in the US!
- Also, well done to Cosima, Howard and Jimmy for being awarded a distinction from the Centre of Mathematics and Computing. This means that they scored in the top 25% of all participants in the Pascal Contest. Another congratulations to Soovin, who was awarded a medal in this competition.
- These are amazing accomplishments, and there is so much talent in our grade, some that other students may not know about. If you know something that you feel that you or another student has achieved, please let an Ambassador know. Again, well done guys!
- As of now, the Ambassadors have arranged the date of the Year 10 Formal to be the 11th of June. An official invite will be sent out next week!
- IMPORTANT: No Boundaries, 2nd Payement due on May 15th.
- Smart Card: Make sure you have one! You will need it on the upcoming Ocean Park trip! The date of the trip will be June 6th (Friday). For now, the decision is for students to come in school uniform, however it is not yet confirmed. A schedule of the day will be posted next week.
- No Boundaries: Please drop off a copy of your passport to the front office ASAP (applicable only for students going abroad).
- Ocean Park Trip schedule- the entire year will be going on the 5th. We will be split up into groups of likely groups of 8, that students will be able to choose. Please not that you must bring money to buy lunch, since food is not allowed into the park.
Here's the schedule:
8.25am - Arrive at school, go to Learning Team for attendance and announcements.
8.35am - Meet with group and supervisor in Lower Ground Floor, move to buses.
8.45am - Buses depart DC.
9.45am - Arrive at Ocean Park. Conduct physics inquiry activities.
2.00pm - Buses depart Ocean Park to return to DC.
3.15pm - Buses arrive to DC.