WYOMING WINDSONG - OCTOBER 2015 - NEWS-IN-BRIEF
The student registration deadline at the regular $10 fee per student is next Monday - October 5th.
Don't leave it until the last minute!!
After the 5th, you can still register through 11:59:59 PM on October 26th at the late registration fee of $50 per student.
- Register ONLINE - credit card required - Deadline January 5, 2016
- PRINT and mail/fax - check or PO/V only - Deadline December 21, 2015
Beat the lines at registration - register in advance! Better rates and save time!
Include your banquet and luncheon tickets when you register! Enjoy celebrating your friends and associates at the Elementary Luncheon and the WMEA Banquet. It's a great opportunity to catch up with old friends and make some new!
Our Website ... www.wyomea.org
The WMEA website is an up-to-date snapshot of music education in Wyoming. Information, Date-Watch, Activity Links, an Events Calendar, News, Resources, and all the things you need to help make your teaching year go smoothly! Give us a visit
Join the conversation or start one of your own using our website forums. Create your post and send a quick note via Listserv to point people to your forum strand. Check it out today!
Be a part of our dedicated information stream via email!
WYOMING WINDSONG - Fall 2015
WMEA members can log-in and peruse the journal at the touch of a finger. Live links and full color ... enjoy!
(Note: for better viewing, allow the journal to fully download before you begin your read.)
Resources From THE PRESIDENT'S OWN U.S. MARINE BAND
The U.S. Marine Band Offers Educational Resources Nationwide
by Master Sgt. Kristin duBois
When the musicians of “The President’s Own” U.S. Marine Band aren’t hailing the chief at the White House, honoring fallen heroes at Arlington National Cemetery, performing concerts in the DC metro area and across the country on tour, or in a practice room honing their craft, they can be found in schools, both live and virtually. The following educational resources are available for free from the Marine Band ... MORE ...
Membership Has Its Privileges ...
To join click here: http://musiced.nafme.org/join/
Or if you just need to renew, click here:
Note: After the October mailings, the Breezetune and Windsong are sent to members only.
What's New at NAfME
Interesting articles, new ideas, check in out! NAfME staff along with outside contributors who are music education experts and supporters offer an array of articles and resources to support music educators and those who advocate for them.
Interested in writing for them? Pitch your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org!
My Music Class® is an online idea center and lesson plan library, filled with standards-aligned teaching ideas and resources, exclusively for NAfME members.
Interested in competitions, calls, auditions, and performance opportunities? Check the list of offerings presented or co-sponsored by NAfME.
- October 3, 2015 UW/Troopers Marching Band Invitational
- October 5, 2015 All-State Student Registration Deadline (late registration available until October 27 - additional fee assessed)
- October 17, 2015 State Marching Band Festival
- October 25-28, 2015 NAfME Conference, Nashville
- Oct 30 - Nov 7, 2015 All-State Auditions Window
- November 1-3, 2015 State String Clinic @ Sheridan
- November 14, 2015 South Big Horn District 8th Grade Honor Band
- November 20-21, 2015 South Big Horn District Clinic
- November 20-21, 2015 Northeast District Clinic
- November 20-21, 2015 North Big Horn District Clinic
- November 23-24, 2015 North Platte District Clinic
- November 23-24, 2015 Southwest District Clinic
- December 2015 All-State Jazz Auditions TBA
- January 17, 2016 WMEA Executive Board Mtg
- January 18, 2916 WMEA General Assembly
- January 17-19, 2016 WMEA Conference and All-State in Cheyenne