NOVEMBER 15 - AMERICA RECYCLES DAY
Sustainabilty@dcsdk12.org with the name of your school and description of the picture.
SPOTLIGHT SCHOOL OF THE MONTH - BUFFALO RIDGE ELEMENTARY
The Green Team members at Buffalo Ridge Elementary have been working hard over the years to become a green school. Look at all they have accomplished in the past few years:
- Saved water by replacing faucets with new motion sensor faucets with leak free technology
- Reduced energy use by 12% after participating in the ReNew our Schools program
- Started a water bottle recycling program
- Formed of a student Green Team
- Coming soon: BRE will replace the lighting in the gym with supplemental solar lighting and LED with their winning grant money from the PBL energy contest.
We are so proud of the BRE Green Team for doing such an incredible job moving forward with their project ideas and sharing them with The Office Of Sustainability during their Green Team meeting a few weeks ago. Keep up the great work!!
JANUARY 18, 2019 (PLC non-student day)
We are excited to see you at this year's Green U conference for all school sustainability champions and schools new to sustainability. Green U will feature networking opportunities, sessions on sustainability topics, games, prizes and an introduction to a new school Upcycle Challenge and mini-grant program. We will send out a detailed schedule with session sign ups as we get closer to the event. Continuing Education credit will be offered through InspirED.
January 18, 2019 (PLC job-alike day)
Shiloh House Event Center
9700 E. Easter Lane
Centennial, CO 80112
Thank you and we hope to see you there!
-Your Sustainability Steering Committee