5th Grade News!
For the Week of May 25-29, 2015
- Editing a memoir (writing)
- Literature Circles (reading)
- Researching inventions and inventors
- Researching historical figures
- Historical figure interviews
Reading: Scavenger Hunt (this is the last Reading Homework Assignment of the year!)
This will be posted on Edmodo. You may print it if you wish, or just write your answers on notebook paper.
Math - no homework
Science - no homework
Information and News
- Memorial Day Holiday - May 25
- Pool Party - May 27, 5:00pm - 8:00pm (Cinco Ranch Water Park) - see info below
- 5th Grade Learning Celebration (9:00am) and Backyard Bash (afternoon) - June 3
- Last Day and Early Dismissal - June 4
Yearbooks: There are a limited number of yearbooks available for $45 each. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in purchasing one.
Pool Party Information:
Food will be provided (pizza, snacks, cake, water).
Attire: Boys - TRUNKS. Girls - ONE-PIECE or LONG TANKINI (no bikinis for girls!)
Bring - Goggles, towel, cover-up. LABEL WITH YOUR NAME
Do not bring - Electronics and cell phones.
Pick Up and Drop Off - Please read the information that was sent home in the Tuesday folder. It has specific instructions about where and how to pick students up.
Rain Date - scheduled for May 28. Email will be sent to parents 3 hours prior to the event if it needs to be rescheduled.
Junior High Information:
Here are some upcoming important dates at Seven Lakes Junior High to put on your calendar:
August 10 - Crush Camp: This is an event for incoming 6th graders or new students to SLJH to introduce them to the campus.
August 14 - Back to School Dance: This is a fun event for 6th-8th graders
August 20 - Spartans In Sync: This is when 6th – 8th graders will get their class schedules, practice walking their schedules, get their locker combinations, and purchase Spirit Wear.
The SLJH PTA will post important information throughout the year on our SLJH PTA website and on our SLJH PTA Facebook Page. Please click “like,” hover over the like box to “Get Notifications” AND “Follow” so that all of our events will show up in your Facebook newsfeed.
School supplies for the 2015-2016 school year can be purchased online through the SLJH PTA Website.
Summer Art Fun and Info:
CHECK OUT THESE wonderful Art websites to create more ART at home!
· National Gallery of Art: NGA Kids ArtZone- interactive art activities, art history etc…
· Haring Kids- From Keith Haring- fun online activities for kids and great lesson ideas
· MOMA Kids Wing- fun activities from the Museum of Modern Art Web Art
· Destination: Modern Art—from the Museum of Modern Art
· SmART Kids – from the Smart Museum of Art, University of Chicago; for students ages 7-12 to discover ways to look at, think about, and respond to ART
SUMMER ART LESSONS
1. Glassell school of Art , downtown Houston
2. Elizabeth Linder, retired KISD Art teacher and artist 281-579-7688
4. KATY ART school, 281-665-3272 or www.katyartschool.com
5th Grade Team Members
Willie Manning - WillieRManning@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Longoria - JulieALongoria@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Hernandez - JulieRHernandez@KATYISD.ORG
Nichole Howard - NicholeCHoward@KATYISD.ORG
Jennifer Counter - JenniferTCounter@KATYISD.ORG
Kailey Miller - KaileyMiller@KATYISD.ORG
Abbie Artley - AbigailEArtley@KATYISD.ORG