BURLESON ELEMENTARY NEWS
APRIL 22, 2021
A NOTE FROM DR. COFFMAN
Flyers have been sent home with students. We will open the Book Fair each day from 4-5:00 pm for parent shopping. All other times during the day will be open for your children to shop if you send them to school with money. We have the credit card machine available as well. You can shop with your child during the afternoon time, or Ms. Randee can call and process your credit card if you can't make it to school. The books range from PK through eighth-grade reading levels. All proceeds from the Book Fair go towards buying additional books and supplies for our library. We appreciate your support of reading and happy shopping!
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Randee at 806-539-2527 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HAPPY EARTH DAY
Please continue to practice all letter and sound recognition. I will be sending home assessments.
We are still focusing on number recognition from one to twenty. Pre-K gets to exchange books on
Tuesday. Please remember to send books back so they can exchange for another.
Thank you for all your support! Mrs. A 😊
- Spelling test every Thursday! This week will be covering digraphs sh and th.
- 75 word test on April 30th!! Please be practicing.
- Read, read, read every night. End of the year reading levels will go home on our final report card. Only a few weeks left!
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's, 10's, 5's, and 2's.
- Book fair next week.
- Bring a water bottle and appropriate shoes for PE every day.
As always, it is such a joy to teach these little people. Only a few more weeks left!! Please be aware their attendance is imperative. Contact me and the office if you child will be absent.
Thank you for all you do 🙂
- Sight word test tomorrow over 30 pink sight words.
- Practice spelling words and sentences for the test on Tuesday.
- Practice -3’s.
- READ, READ, READ and be ready to AR test every day.
- Help your child remember to complete nightly homework and return it to school the next day in their purple folder.
- The last Scholastic book order for the year is due on Friday, April 23.
You can place your order online.
Just a few things to remember for this week....
- We will continue to work on subtraction math facts through -12s and then review until the end of the year. We will test over -11 on this Friday.
- Saxon Phonics is winding down. We will work through Lesson 140 and then spend time review the rules that have been covered this year.
- The next set of Saxon and spelling tests will be on Tuesday, April 27th. Please use the extra time to study spelling words and phonics rules!
- Continue to READ, READ, READ and take AR tests!!! Broncoville is approaching quickly and I would love for everyone to have points to spend.
- Be sure you are reading for at least 20 minutes every night and that you are filling out the Home Reading Log. The Reading Logs are due every Friday morning.
- Please remember to send a water bottle with your child/children each and every day. They get thirsty and the water fountains are closed.
-Thank you for all that you do!
In math we are practicing the skills we have learned this year and preparing for the STAAR test.
Math fact homework is due on Fridays and math fact tests are on Fridays
In science we are learning about food chains and how changes in a food change affects the rest of the food chain.
Please make sure that your child is here everyday!!! I want to make sure that they are well prepared for the STAAR test.
STAAR Test for math is on May 11th
- This next week we will be moving our intense STAAR genre study to fiction texts. We will the studying the literary elements of the fiction genre, including relationships among major and minor characters, the plot elements (sequence of events, conflict, resolution), and the influence of setting on the plot.
- In social studies we will be reviewing what we have been studying the past few weeks. (Free enterprise system, historical figures, and cultural celebrations)
- In reading we are continuing to work hard reviewing and preparing for the Reading STAAR Test on May 12th.
- Our new RTI intervention groups are working well. All students participate in small groups to get some extra targeted help to prepare them for STAAR.
- This week In Social Studies we are reviewing the time from Santa Anna’s victory at the Alamo through to Statehood as the 28th State of the United States.
- · As always… Read, Read, Read! – Reading is a homework assignment! All students are required to read for at least 20 minutes every evening. Please make sure you monitor what your child is reading and initial your child’s Reading Log every evening after they have read.
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns.
- In Math we are practicing very hard to prepare for the Math STAAR test. We are reviewing concepts that we have learned since the beginning of school. The Math STAAR test is May 11th. It’s coming up quickly! Please be sure that your children are here everyday so they won’t miss out on reviewing these concepts.
- In Science we are learning about structures and functions of organisms. We are having fun camouflaging butterflies.
- Please make sure that your child is doing their 20-minute reading EVERY night. This will boost their vocabulary and make them an all around better student. Reading every day helps with Math, Science and Social Studies also!
- I will be retiring at the end of this school year. I have completed 25 wonderful years here at Meadow. I have enjoyed my time spent with the many children who have passed through my classroom in the past 25 years. Thank you for trusting me to teach your children.
Please keep READING!!!!!! We need to stay focused finishing out the year strong!
We are digging deep into passages, and it is very important for your children to be here on time, awake, and ready to learn!
Still send water bottles, we cannot be sharing the fountain.Thank you for all you do!!!!
-Please have your child practice Multiplication Math Facts every night. We are still taking weekly quizzes.
-We are reviewing for our STAAR test. Please make sure your child is in class every day.
HAPPY ADMINISTRATIVE DAY
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00.
MEADOW PTO SNACK CART ON FRIDAY'S
APRIL LUNCH MENU
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.